Have you planted your Tomatoes yet????

Started by frawin, April 05, 2009, 04:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I hate you!!! ;D  ;D  Mine are out, but have not started to bloom yet. I'll go talk nice to 'em and see if they'll catch up.

Dee Gee

My garden finally dried up enough that I got my set out, they sure will have to hurry to catch up with yours.  But I did pick a couple gallons of strawberries and they are sure good eating.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Jo McDonald

Oh Dale, why am I not at the Elk City park this year ???---- boo hoo   I could come out and sit on your front porch with my bowl, cream and spoon and look sad and hope that you would notice me and bring me some strawberries.  You and your sweetie grow GOOD STUFF.  WE WILL MISS DRIVING BY YOUR PRETTY PRETTY PLACE  THIS SUMMER.
Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Dee Gee

Jo, I wish you were at the lake because I have a couple gallons of strawberries I would give to you.  So you over this way stop and pick yourself a batch.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

frawin

Dee Gee

The main difference is Frank's garden is raised and mine is at ground level, therefore mine is too wet to get into.  If it was raised I would have planted in the middle of April instead of May.

frawin

Dale, that is correct. On the other hand my garden is probably much smaller and I can't raise the varieties that you can. The raised Garden has really been great these past two years as we have had record high amounts of rainfall.

Tobina+1

OK, all the garden experts are going to gasp in horror at me, I'm sure... I know it's a little late, but I'm still looking for more garden veggie plants to plant.  I had started some from seeds, but I'm apparently not too good at that, because when I put them in the garden, most of them died (or were too wimpy to sustain the rain/wind earlier).  SO... I know the gal from the greenhouse at Elk Falls was on here earlier, but can anyone tell me if they're still open and if they still have any veggie plants?  Or where else I can get some?  Thanks!

frawin

Tobina, I can't answer if the Elk Falls greenhouse still has plants, but do know there is one in Eureka, Sedan and Fredonia.  Walmart and Lowes still have quite a lot of garden plants here.  I'm sure you can find plants some place.  You might have to watch them a little closer and keep them watered etc., but lots of people around Howard were planting last weekend.  Your produce will just come on later.
Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk