Purple Martins

Started by Dee Gee, March 29, 2009, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

When Diane mentioned buzzards, the first thing I thought of was a couple:

Buzz Buzzard, the Paramount cartoon character.

Beaky Buzzard, the super bashful buzzard in the WB Looney Tunes.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

I did mean vultures...(we tend to call them buzzards, but I know that's not right.) They are really just good old turkey vultures. I saw a mature bald eagle last Saturday. The crows were giving it a rough time.

dnalexander

Diane according to Wikipedia (my link above) you were correct to call them Buzzards. I was just confused by their definition. It included turkey vultures, many hawks, peregrine falcons.

David

Warph

According to my daughter, all the Purple Martin's have moved back to Elbert County, Georgia where they are happy eating good ol' southern Mosquito's
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

I have had a real treat this afternoon.  A ringnecked dove visited my window bird feeder and spent about 10 minutes with me.  She watched me as closely as I watched her.  Sometimes I wonder if I am the watcher or the watchee.

Diane Amberg

Our little Jenny Wrens arrived this morning and looked over their houses. :)

Dee Gee

Wilma, I seen my first hummingbird at the feeder this afternoon, but I still only have one pair of Purple Martins.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Jo McDonald

I mount my hummingbird feeders on the outside of the window - and this morning, I had my first little pretty boy.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

sixdogsmom

I saw one out in the petunias awhile ago. Gotta get my feeders up!
Edie

Diane Amberg

Ours are due any day. They come up on the south wind.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk