What Are You Reading?

Started by sixdogsmom, March 27, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clubine Ranch

I just finished reading Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken
A World War ll story of survival, resilience, and redemption.
This book was a true story of Olympian runner Louie Zamperini... his childhood, going to the Olympics, joining the service, going to war and being captured thus becoming a POW. A story of burtality beyond comprehension, courage, despair and forgiveness. I so enjoyed reading it and hope you do also. I checked it out at the Moline Library.  Barbara

larryJ

I am currently trying to get through "Decision Points" by President George W. Bush.  Pretty detailed about his feelings during his term in office and what decisions were right and what were wrong and why they were made.  It started off with a bang, but I started losing interest in the middle when it started to drag a little.  But, I will finish it.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

thatsMRSc2u

I just finished Eat, Pray, Love......pretty good book :) Now I guess I can see the movie since I've read it

Janet Harrington

I am currently reading  Stephen King, The Dark Tower series. I am on Book #4, called Wizard and Glass. I am not a Stephen King fan, but these books have held my interest.

I got a Kindle for Christmas, so as soon as I get done with The Dark Tower I will be back on my Kindle reading all the free books I have downloaded from Amazon. Since Larry said that he has lost interest in President Bush's book, I think I will just get that one from the library instead of buying it.

patyrn

I'm reading ALASKA, by James A. Michener.  It is a novel (historical fiction) about the history of Alaska and its progress from hundreds of years ago to present day.  We are going on a trip to Alaska this summer, and I thought this might give me some appreciation of some of the things we will encounter.  It's very well-written, but small print and LOTS of pages. 

Diane Amberg

Hey! I'm reading it too.  ;D  I started it 5 years ago when we were getting ready to take the same trip but didn't get very far. Isn't it good? I can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed our time there. I pulled the book out of the bookcase a couple of weeks ago and got into it once more.

greatguns

I'm reading Jim Hoy's FLINT HILLS COWBOYS Tales of the Tallgrass Prairie for the second time.  Guess that tells you I think it is a pretty good read.

sixdogsmom

I have just completed reading 'We Were Five' written by James Brough in collaboration with Yvonne, Cecile, Marie. and Annette Dionne. I am doing a little presentation on the Dionne quintuplets this next week, and along with this book I have been reading a lot on line and have watched several films. The phenomenon is fascinating, there are several active fan clubs even now.
Edie

patyrn

My mother had a scrapbook she had kept filled with newspaper clippings and various publications all about the Dionne quintuplets.  I don't know what happened to it after her death, but I remember being so fascinated with looking at it when I was young.  That was quite a phenomenon in that era.

sixdogsmom

Karen, I do have a small scrapbook of that sort of thing that I found at a flea market years ago. Scrapbooks used to be an inexpensive source of entertainment; even if you could not afford all the publications, after they were dated usually they were free. My own siblings and myself spent hours and days cutting pictures and things and mounting them into a scrapbook with home made paste. I suspect that there were many scrapbooks kept of the Dionnes since they were such a sensation, and just so darned cute!
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk