What Are You Reading?

Started by sixdogsmom, March 27, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Edie

Nadine

William Young here is the link to the website about the book http://theshackbook.com/

sixdogsmom

Okay, now I know what book it is. Stan was talking about it the other night in Bible study. He also said that the book was a bit of cliche' when it started, but as he got into it, he said it was a great book. I'm gonna have to get ahold of a copy, I wonder if it is in the church library? Hmmm----!!
Edie

Clubine Ranch

I checked it out at the Moline Library many months ago, maybe longer than that.

Catwoman

Seems everyone is reading that book...guess I'll have to break my rule about staying away from popular literature.  :o

Mom70x7

I've got a copy I'll loan out.

I read it from the library - thought it was so good I went out and bought a copy for myself.

It makes you rethink.

Rudy Taylor

I read a good story about the author of "The Shack." Only one year ago, he was living in a small rental house and working three jobs, the main one being a janitor.

He wrote the book with autobiographical senses and submitted it to 26 book publishers, all of whom rejected the book.

A group of his friends chipped in and helped him self-publish the book and it has sold 5.5 million so far, and that's only in English.

Of course, the big-time publishers are now standing in line to talk to him.

Quite a guy. My wife read the book and didn't want it to end.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

patyrn

I'm starting the book, "Three Cups of Tea", by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.  It has been highly recommended by friends, and I am really getting interested the further I go.

Catwoman

I have read "Three Cups" previously...It is so inspirational!  A real eye-opener about how things work over in that area of the world.

Clubine Ranch

I have just finished "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult that I got at the Moline Library. This book is so timely with the school shooting that have happened across our country. It is a fiction but so real to to how life goes sometimes. Maybe people  will read it and realize the power of words and actions and the ripple effect they have. Barbara

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk