Obama’s Gun Ban List Is Out

Started by Warph, March 20, 2009, 08:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

http://www.infowars.com/obamas-gun-ban-list-is-out/

Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out

Alan Korwin (Author Gun Laws of America http://www.gunlaws.com/gloa.htm)
Infowars
March 13, 2009

Here it is, folks, and it is bad news. The framework for legislation is always laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own. Remember, it is registration, then confiscation. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, in Europe, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that you did.

Remember, the first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady's current plans and targets of opportunity. It's horrific. They're going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They've made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states' rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine, (WWII, but no M2 carbine which can be made full automatic? why no M-1"s on the list??)
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):

A semi-automatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),  on my Mossberg 12 ga. Defender!!!
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

A semi-automatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semi-automatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10
rounds.

A semi-automatic shotgun with:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity
of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General."

Note that Obama's pick for this office, Eric Holder, wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home. In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event." In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.

The last part is particularly clever, stating, "that a firearm doesn't have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose" — is that devious or what? And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America http://www.gunlaws.com/gloa.htm

A partial list of gun rights groups:
Gun Owners of America
http://gunowners.org/

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
http://www.jpfo.org/

FREEDOM=GUNS
http://www.tcsn.net/doncicci/freedom.htm

National Rifle Association
http://www.nra.org/

Second Amendment Committee
http://www.libertygunrights.com/

Second Amendment Foundation
http://www.saf.org/

Second Amendment Sisters
http://www.2asisters.org/

Women Against Gun Control
http://www.wagc.com/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Tobina+1

Interesting, but out of the 10+ guns that we own, not one of them are on this list. 

Warph

Give them time, Tobina....  they will eventually make the list if Obama and Holder have anything to say about it and they're in the drivers seat right now with congress backing them up (although I have a sneaking hunch some democrats will fight him on this).
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Varmit

Not all that surprising, if he has his way he will ban all guns. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Varmit

The problem is how he plans on collecting them. Most american gun owners will not be willing to just hand them over, like  in canada, austrilia, and great britian.  If he tries to go door to door a lot of good people are going to get hurt, if not dead. I'm not worried about law enforcement personnel who get shot trying to enforce a ban, they made their choice.  I know I won't give me  up without a fight.  True, they would probably be able to take'em  but I wouldn't want to be the first person  coming through my door.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Quote from: Tobina on March 20, 2009, 09:06:49 AM
Interesting, but out of the 10+ guns that we own, not one of them are on this list. 

Tobino.. you are not alone in thinking that way.. but what if... you wanted one of those guns that are "on the list"..

Don't you think that as a non criminal law abiding hard working pay all your bills and taxes on time FREE American... that you should be able to purchase one IF you wanted to? I do and so do most Americans who understand and respect the 2nd Amendment.

The ""first list"" of  guns that they have released is "Main Store Front". In other words, it is what you see before you go inside the doors.  and naturally what most focus on. This is of course a huge concern and issue .. But there is so much that is overlooked too.

You have to also look past the ' types and calibers of guns".. and also see what lots of folks have in the way of receivers.. stocks .. barrels.. magazines.. grips..( the list is loooong and very intrusive)

They ( the enemy) and THAT is exactly what they are to gun owners.... are out to target EVERYTHING..
From ammo amounts to types to how you store everything firearm related. Their agenda is to make it so expensive and difficult or to ban it by making it illegal for the LAW ABIDING CITIZEN to have any type of firearm or firearm related items that the people will slowly become numb and unaware to what is happening and eventually  be unarmed and easily controlled.
( controlled like hapless mindless sheep is top on their long-run list)

Not to be disrespectful to anyone ..but the normal everyday working Joe doesn't have a clue as to what they are hammering at behind the doors so as to take away our ( and it is OUR) 2nd amendment rights. Kjell and I are smack dab in the middle of it dealing with it EVERY SINGLE day in overloads of content and information directly from "our inside sources" ..and it is so overwhelming that I can't see a starting point or stopping point sometimes. But please trust me when I tell you ..that Old Faithful is rumbling and it is going to blow sky high.. When it does.......I DO sincerely hope that people are prepared for what will take place.

This is something I got from a friend of mine about the laws being made in Illinois. You would fall in a faint if you could see all the information and personal e-mails I get from individuals who keep their nose to their states gun rules and legislation and are trying to fight and keep on top of all of this freedom stripping acts. The hard core liberals are just inching in little by little ..like a slithering rank pole cat ready to chomp down on the unsuspecting chicks.

There are a few states that are slowly staying strong, but it is a constant hard working fight to do so. Turn your backs or close your eyes for a day of rest and the Pelosis, Obama, Brady ringleaders of their little anti- American Circus will strike faster than a coiled rattlesnake!

This  kind of legislation is being brought to the surface.. some states are worse than this and others are just beginning. There are still some states who are planting their feet and going to try to stand firm for the block. But .....it is happening. 

http://www.examiner.com/a-1898950~Ill__lawmakers_introduce_dozens_of_gun_bills.html

QuoteLegislators have introduced at least 55 bills that could change Illinois laws on guns and hunting. Here's a look at a few:
- Concealed carry: Lets gun owners carry handguns in public. (HB245, HB367, HB462, SB1976)

- Private sales: Requires individuals to sell or transfer firearms through a licensed gun dealer. (HB48, SB1848)

- Assault weapons: Bans semiautomatic assault weapons, .50 caliber rifles and accessories. (HB165, SB1721)

- One gun per month: Limits a person to buying one handgun within a 30-day period. (HB12, HB199, SB1275)

- Insurance: Requires gun owners to maintain a $1 million liability insurance policy. (HB687)

- Gun storage: Increases the penalty for a gun owner if a minor obtains an improperly stored gun and shoots someone. (HB179)

- Revoke licenses: Strips licenses from gun owners who fail twice to report a missing or stolen firearm. (HB845)

---

http://www.ilga.gov
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Well, my gun, which I have only for defense purposes is not on the list.  Actually, no one needs to fear my gun or the person holding it.  It will stay exactly where it is unless it is needed and I have time to retrieve and load it.  So, come arrest me and hold me in contempt.

Catwoman

I will bury my guns before I'll ever hand them over...I think we are going to be invaded at some point in our future history...and I'm not going to be caught without some form of initial defense.  Katrina proved that point...those with guns were at least able to defend themselves and their property.

Sarge

Why do you think the govt would want to ban any firearm?  Ask yourself that.  It sure won't stop them falling into the "wrong hands" now will it. 
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Tobina+1

I understand where you're coming from, and the overall "big picture" that the gov't is trying to limit the arms that people can have.  I'm not trying to disagree or play devil's advocate here...  But, again forgive my lack of education on all firearms, the guns on that list that I did recognize were more like military grade firearms, and firearms that are designed to kill PEOPLE.  How many times do you go out deer or squirrel hunting with any of the AK's? 
Yes, I agree that it doesn't matter and people should be allowed to have whatever firearms they want based on the Constitution, but I don't think it's legal to have tanks or cannons?  I guess my viewpoint is that why get "up in arms"   ;D  about these people-killing firearms?  Yes, I know, all firearms can be used to kill people, but most of them have been designed for other purposes... hunting, home defense, etc.  I think those can be accomplished with guns that are NOT on that list?  I know, I know... give them an inch, they'll take a mile... and I know that if you limit the legality of these guns, it doesn't matter because the thugs will still acquire them non-legally anyway.  But if that's you're thinking, then are you also for legalizing coke and crack and other drugs?
I just want some friendly discussion on this issue here to help me understand and expand my knowledge.  Please don't bash...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk