State Sovereignty or Secession

Started by redcliffsw, February 24, 2009, 12:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Well they're done and so am I ...have a good one yall
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

dnalexander

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on April 20, 2009, 09:56:53 PM
Unfortunately pam, that is the problem with sucession, you have to be willing to back it up when someone calls your bluff.  Don't get me wrong here, I have a lot of respect for the Sioux Peoples, my grandmother was Lakota, and I have an aunt that is Oneida.  What I see though is a lack of organization and preparedness on both the Sioux and on the States part.  You can't just say "ok, thats it, we're pulling out of the union" and expect everyone to play by your rules, you have to be willing to fight for it.

Pam I just realized We Shall Remain is on. 

Billy with your Native American background you may be interested in this PBS show on Native Americans as told from their perspective of history. There is a thread on it posted by W. Gray. (Waldo) I think you would find it interesting. A commercial is on now so I thought I would post this. I am on west coast time so it is probably over in your area.

David

dnalexander

Quote from: pam on April 20, 2009, 10:02:55 PM
    I know...........boy I wish you all could hear what I am hearin right now :) My wolves are howling together...sounds like singin!

This is a little off topic. Thanks Pam you just broke my writer's block for a new poem. Wolves, the great weather I am having, I will post it in the poetry section when I am finished writing it.

David

Varmit

The only indian background I have really is my grandmother, my aunt is by marriage. My aunt has really taught me alot about her people.

Pam-you keep wolves??
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

QuoteThis is a little off topic. Thanks Pam you just broke my writer's block for a new poem. Wolves, the great weather I am having, I will post it in the poetry section when I am finished writing it.

David

I'm glad I could help! LOL I'll have to go read it !

QuotePam-you keep wolves??

Yes We have two a male and a female. Actually the female is about 95% and the male is about 70, the female only howls but the male WILL bark once in a blue moon lol. Boo and Simon. Simons my best bud :)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

larryJ

This is an interesting topic.  It got me to thinking (I know----you can probably smell the wood burning) about states seceding.  A state such as California with the sixth largest economy in the world---yes, that's world----would or could be self sufficient having three major ports and a border with another country other than the U.S.  California could keep all the other americans out if they wanted-------which it can't do now what with illegal immigration.  It could support itself because of the major agriculture and manufactoring facilities located in the state------except we're broke according to Arnold.  However, a state such as----------------------say-----------------------Kansas wanted to secede.  Now you got a problem.  No ports, totally surrounded by other states, and not really enough assets to support itself.  But, its economy is probably in better shape than California.  However, if someone in Oregon wanted to travel to Arizona, no problem, just swing a little east through Nevada and you are there.  If someone in Nebraska wanted to go to Oklahoma, there's a problem. 

I think there is something in my coffee this morning.  I am being really silly today.  Everybody have a great day!!!!   Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

Maybe you just need a new coffeepot, larryj.

Diane Amberg

Let's see, little Delaware could charge tolls to anyone crossing our little corridor state to anyone headed north to Philly and New York or south to Baltimore and Washington. We would make out pretty well. We have a great port too, and plenty of seafood and agriculture to take care of ourselves. Then we could keep all our own taxes. We could spend it all here and not have to give any away to other states like we do now.

larryJ

AHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS IS A NEW COFFEE POT.  THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME SEE THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM.  Whoops, gotta go.  gotta get my granddaughter off to preschool.  Later Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

Mine just needed a good cleaning job on the water reservoir part.  Got the same out of the world feeling.  Better than they say dope is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk