WEHS basketball

Started by momof 2boys, February 22, 2009, 12:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momof 2boys

For those of you who haven't attended any of the West Elk High School basketball games, you are really missing some awesome games.  The boys are 16 and 2, and they are absolutely amazing to watch.  The last home game is Thurs. Feb. 26th, be there to support your local youth and their amazing talent. 

momof 2boys

I posted the wrong day for the high school basketball game.  It has now been corrected. 

momof 2boys

Our WEHS boys basketball team played a tough game on Thursday against Yates Center.  The result was an emotional 1 point loss.  These boys played a real good game and should be proud of themselves for a fantastic season!! 

Monday night at 7 p.m. they begin their Sub-state tournament going against Sedan.  I believe that W.E. is seated 2nd in this tournament.  This game is at West Elk and begins at 7 p.m.  It would be great if the community would come out and give this group of athletes a great show of support.  They really do pay attention to who is in those stands cheering for them, so let's go show them how proud we are of them. 

Jane

Thanks Gina,
Rex always watches for the scores here in the Topeka Capitol Journal, hope they win Monday. When we do not find them we always check the forum to see if they are posted.
Jane

momof 2boys

The WEHS boys' basketball team won last night!!!!!! They beat Oxford, and advance to the Sub-State Finals against Olpe.  The Sub-State Final will be Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. in Udall.  Let's all go out and show our support for these hard-working young men!! We need to pack those stands and cheer loud for our West Elk Boys' Basketball Team, SCBL League Champs (and hopefully Sub-State Champs)!!!!!

ddurbin

Can someone post last night's game results?  The Wichita Eagle didn't have the score in this morning's issue.

patyrn

I don't know the score, but my brother in Emporia called and said West Elk lost to Olpe last night with a pretty weak showing.  Olpe has not lost a game all season, so they will represent the area well at state, hopefully.  Good job to the WEHS basketball team.  You have had a great season!!!!!

Jane

Topeka Capital Journal had the score as,

Olpe 59
West Elk 41

To bad, I know West Elk had a good season.
Jane

sixdogsmom

Jane, I just love your photograph, is it one of the big yellow orb weavers?  ;)
Edie

Jane

Yes it is sixdogsmom, they build every year by our shed. I am not a spider lover but I leave them alone and enjoy their works.
Jane :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk