Amazing Technology!

Started by sixdogsmom, February 13, 2009, 03:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Can't believe this - the technology is mind-boggling !
This is a photo from the 2009 Inauguration, In which you can see IN FOCUS
The face of each individual in the crowd !!!
You can scan and zoom to any section of the crowd. . . wait a few
seconds. . . and the focus adjusts.
The picture was taken with a robotic camera at 1,474 megapixel. (295
times the standard 5 megapixel camera)
Makes you wonder who's watching us right now !!!!!!!!
http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee899496648c2b4b06233c

Edie

sixdogsmom

Okay Teresa, how come this address isn't working?  :P
Edie

Ole Granny

My guess would be the (org) has a space between it and the rest of the address.  I'm no techie though.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

sixdogsmom

Nope, I fixed that and it still won't load. ???  :-[
Edie

Ole Granny

I found it just putting in gigapan.org in search.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Mom70x7

You also have a space after the F in FullScreen.

sixdogsmom

How very odd, I copied and pasted the address from an email my cousin sent and it is working in that email with the spaces but won't work here. Anyway, I have now removed all spaces in the address and it is currently working. This is really something else, just think what can be done with surveillance if wanted. Truth be known, it is probably already being done.  :-X :-X
Edie

Warph

Oh, oh, SDM.... NASA & NSA are on to you now that you gave away their big secret. 
Can you say, Leavenworth Penitentiary?? :police:  Not to worry tho', You'll still be in Kansas. 

LOL... just kidding.   :laugh:  ....and you are so right.  This is amazing technology but a little dated.  This will give you an idea what they can do with our satellites.  We have a satellite over us here in Surprise, AZ that we can see very easily at night, brighter than any star, from about 7pm to 1am and it never moves.  It makes one wonder what the heck they are doing.  Thank G-d the earth rotates tho'. 

This might be the website you mentioned above:  http://www.gigapan.org/?window_height=423&window_width=738

From Wikipedia:
Gigapan is a collaborative project of Google, Carnegie Mellon University and NASA Ames Intelligent Systems Division's Robotics Group. It is a robotic platform that attaches to a digital camera and some computer software. The robotic platform allows a user to take a photograph, then it will re-aim the camera with great precision, to take another photograph. After taking many photos, the software stitches all the pictures into a gigapixel image.

Public beta-testing of a consumer version of the robotic platform and software has begun. Beta-testing and product platform development is being carried out by Gigapan Systems, who will eventually offer the unit for public sale.

Gigapan is an open website - anyone can upload photographs to it, and anyone can place comments on those photographs. Authors have no editorial control over the comments which are placed on their photographs.

Illah Nourbakhsh, Associate Professor at Carnegie Mellon University spoke about Gigapan on BBC's "Digital Planet" radio show and podcast on September 11, 2006
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sixdogsmom

LOL! I remember the first time that I saw Sputnik, my hubby and I were with another couple driving down a busy street in Wichita, and the traffic in front of us had stopped and people were out of their cars looking upward like in a UFO movie. Of course we got out and did our share of gawking; pretty amazing for back then. And Gigapan is just another amazing thing to come along in my lifetime.
Edie

Teresa

Sorry didn't get back to you.. I have been away from my computer for a while..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk