Stimulus

Started by W. Gray, February 12, 2009, 10:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

CNN is reporting that "it appears" most working individuals will get a $400 tax credit--$800 for couples.

Students will get a $2,500 tuition tax credit.

Social Security recipients will receive a one time payment of $250.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Tobina+1

Why is it that when the banks and car companies need money, it's considered a "bailout"...  But when the American people need the money, it's considered a "stimulus"? 
Sorry, but $400 isn't going to go too far to buy a new car... and it's not hardly enough to even put in a savings account in the bank, either.
Maybe instead of giving "bailout" money (which, isn't that normally a term that applies when getting bad people out of jail?), they should give money to the American people to purchase new cars, or start a savings account. 
It doesn't matter how much money you give the automakers; no one is going to buy their cars if we don't have any money!

Jo McDonald

It just gets more difficult each day to see the politicians heads --- They have them so far up their  - - - ,
honestly, what a total bunch of idiots!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

srkruzich

Quote from: W. Gray on February 12, 2009, 10:06:36 AM
CNN is reporting that "it appears" most working individuals will get a $400 tax credit--$800 for couples.

well i'll tell ya, 250 dollars is 250 dollars. I'll use that to get my bees going :)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jerry wagner

Quote from: srkruzich on February 12, 2009, 04:33:17 PM

well i'll tell ya, 250 dollars is 250 dollars. I'll use that to get my bees going :)

And that's why its stimulus, you give money to those of least means and they are most likely to spend it.  Also, it helps cushion the blow of those losing jobs, reducing hours, etc.

redcliffsw

Walter Williams, the black economist has a better idea about the so-called stimulus:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=88504

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on February 12, 2009, 06:20:32 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on February 12, 2009, 04:33:17 PM

Oh i'm not spending it i am investing it.  250 dollars of bees will produce 600 pounds of honey and give me 4 or 5 more new hives before fall.  :)  Considering it costs about 125.00 per hive to build from scratch and stock with bees i would say it will provide a excellent return :)

And that's why its stimulus, you give money to those of least means and they are most likely to spend it.  Also, it helps cushion the blow of those losing jobs, reducing hours, etc.

Teresa

But SOMEBODY who DOES work...... has to pay for it!

**sighhhhhhhhhh**  shaking my head... >:(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on February 13, 2009, 01:27:45 AM

But SOMEBODY who DOES work...... has to pay for it!

**sighhhhhhhhhh**  shaking my head... >:(

Exactly!   Thats a reason why i plan on putting that money that someone worked for to good use instead of sending it to china via walmart

Teresa

Good for you Steve..but most won't do anything productive with that little dab of money..
I'm glad you are going to put it to good use. Good luck on your bees..
but on the larger round scale............
Bailouts.....Stimulus.. they can call it what ever they want...
It isn't going to work...  >:(

We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong ... somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises ... I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started ... And an enormous debt to boot!

—Henry Morganthau, FDR's Treasury Secretary, 1939

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk