Dancing with the Stars, Season 8!

Started by Tobina+1, February 11, 2009, 04:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

hahaha ;D   I think you are one very very interesting man.. who makes me think and who makes me laugh...

Thanks Warph.. I really needed that.... ( what with the day I have looking me in the face)

:)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

sixdogsmom

Yes! I would watch this, even though I never watch Dancing With The Stars! And where did you get the fancy keyboard? The only time that mine types like that is when my tomcat upsets my drink over it.  :D :D
Edie

Tobina+1

Has anyone been watching?  After 2 dances, the first star has been voted off... BELINDA CARLISLE (Go-Go's singer).  She was in a dance-off on Tuesday night with the guy from Apple (Steve W.) and she lost.  So far this season has been full of injuries.  Both Nancy O'Dell (Entertainment Tonight) and Jewel (singer) were injured before the dancing began.  They filled their spots with some last minute people... Holly from "Girls Next Door" (Hugh Heffner's former girlfriend), and Melissa from The Bachelor (she got proposed, then dumped!).  Melissa only had like 4 days to practice before her first dance, and she's currently in 2nd place!  Wow!  Also, on Monday, Steve-O (the guy from Jackass) hurt himself in dress-rehearsal!  The guy who does so many dumb stunts hurt himself?!?!  He was trying a flip and landed on his microphone pack on his back.  He's still in the competition, but not sure how long he'll last.  He'll have to stay away from the stunts, that's for sure.

I think this show is interesting because it shows the "stars" doing something completely out of their league!  It's amazing to see how they respond to pressure and criticism and stress.  The biggest, most flagrant stars are really put in their place and some even seem shy and have low self-confidence.  Not that I like to see people that way, but it's just interesting to see how even the "stars" are people (with flaws), too!

I've already picked my faves to win, and my faves to just stay in as long as they can!  How about you?
Watch Monday night for the dances (I think it will start at 7 pm and be 2 hours), and Tuesday for the results (this week they started at 7 pm and re-showed the dances, then the results started at 8 pm).

mayflower

I don't know if everyone realizes that Steve Wazniak is married to the former Janet Hill that was a graduate of West Elk High School.  Her father was the Superintendent here till 1991.....Charles Hill.  It was quite a treat for me to watch and look for Janet in the crowd.  She WAS there!!  Boy, we know someone who knows someone!! LOL!

mayflower

Tobina+1

Last night was a tough night!  Steve Woz got a bad set of scores.  He is such a likable guy and so positive and outgoing all the time, though!  He really does try, and is battling both a hurt foot and a pulled hamstring.  But I think tonight he'll be on the chopping block.  He was last week, though, and after the dance-off still stayed in the competition!  It all depends on votes.  Kinda cool that he has a local connection.  I think it showed his wife again, but not being from this area I wouldn't know her face.

The other competitor that had a tough night was Steve-O.  You can tell his back is killing him.  His fans might have the power to vote him through, though.

Stay tuned tonight for the 2nd elimination.  I think it's 8 pm CT.

Mom70x7

Steve Woz could have had a better outfit  :D !

I was surprised that Denise Richards didn't do any better than she did.

Quite a few of the rest of them did an excellent job. 
Haven't picked out my favorite to win, yet. It seems this year I'm getting more DISlikes than likes.  ???

Tobina+1

Steve Woz doesn't have to have a better outfit... not when his dance partner wears "barely there" dresses!  Who's looking at Steve?   ;D  But something's working for Steve... he was completely safe last night!  Didn't even have to do the dance-off!

Yes, I was disappointed in Denise.  Didn't she used to do workout videos?  You'd think she could move better than that.  Also, apparently her fan base is non-existent, since she got kicked off last night.

I was very surprised that Steve-O didn't get kicked or at least in the bottom 2.  You could tell they were, too!  With his back injury, who knows how long he'll last.

I've got my faves, but my "come from behind" fave is Ty Murray.  As long as he keeps getting the more elegant dances, he'll be fine.  But I think the "butt shakers" will be his demise.  He also needs to warm up to the crowd a little more.

Tobina+1

Well, Dancing with the Stars Season 8 is officially over!   :'(
I know, you're sitting on the edge of your seat wondering who won, aren't you?   ;D
The winner is Shawn Johnson, Olympic Gold Medalist in Gymnastics!  BUT the real surprise was that there was only a 1% difference in votes between her and the 2nd place winner, Gilles Marini (the guy from Sex and the City).  3rd place went to Melissa Rycroft (from the Bachelor show).  And my come-from-behind favorite, Ty Murray, made it all the way to 4th place!
They had one of the comedians who competed last season to a "roast" of the dancers, and he said "it's not dancing with the STARS, it's dancing with the vaguely known!"
Now I can find something better to do on my Monday and Tuesday nights...   ;)

Wilma

I was happily surprised that Shawn won.  I didn't think she would have a chance with the nudity the other female dancer was using.  Guess the judges were judging on talent after all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk