Marty Hunter FYI

Started by flo, February 08, 2009, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Joanna on February 11, 2009, 11:32:49 AM
Flo is right, Marty is doing fine.  He's just very tired. He's eating well & gets around fine, when he's not sleeping  ;)  Thanks for all your concern and prayers.

Joanna, i just had stents put in last september.  Make sure that he doesn't miss the plavix, and He's gotta do the walking LOL. I hate walking by myself but it is what were supposed to do.   Also warn him not to lift anything for 2 weeks thats heavier than 15 pounds.  It can unset the stents.  :)  But I am so glad to hear he's back :) 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Joanna

Steve, Marty got some similar advice from his nurse Robin "You might forget everything else, but iremember to breath and remember to take your Plavix."  Ha!
And the Dr. must have seen the rebellion in Marty's eye, because he told him no more than 5 pounds for the next 2 weeks.

He's actually doing great and he's very determined to follow all the doctor's orders.

srkruzich

Quote from: Joanna on February 11, 2009, 09:12:48 PM
Steve, Marty got some similar advice from his nurse Robin "You might forget everything else, but iremember to breath and remember to take your Plavix."  Ha!
And the Dr. must have seen the rebellion in Marty's eye, because he told him no more than 5 pounds for the next 2 weeks.

He's actually doing great and he's very determined to follow all the doctor's orders.

Good thats great. :)  I am a old pro at the stents and surgery :P

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Joanna

Marty is doing fine, he's just easily tired and a little sore.  We expected that though, probably be a couple more weeks before he's back to normal. 
He was feeling pretty good last week, but Friday had a setback when he got some severe abdominal pains.  We got sent back to Wichita.  He had 2 CT scans that day and they disagreed, but both were bad... however when they did laparoscopic surgery they didn't find any problems! The pain went away by the time he woke up too.  I tell you, the prayers from our friends are more powerful than any doctor!
Anyhow, he's back home again and promises me he's not going to stress me anymore (Ha!)  He's really tired and somehow he hurt his foot at the hospital and is limping ~ otherwise he's great.  He's also pretty easy to keep track of ~ this is probably the first time in our lives together that I can walk faster than him ;).

srkruzich

Quote from: Joanna on February 17, 2009, 04:44:17 PM
Marty is doing fine, he's just easily tired and a little sore.  We expected that though, probably be a couple more weeks before he's back to normal. 
He was feeling pretty good last week, but Friday had a setback when he got some severe abdominal pains.  We got sent back to Wichita.  He had 2 CT scans that day and they disagreed, but both were bad... however when they did laparoscopic surgery they didn't find any problems! The pain went away by the time he woke up too.  I tell you, the prayers from our friends are more powerful than any doctor!
Anyhow, he's back home again and promises me he's not going to stress me anymore (Ha!)  He's really tired and somehow he hurt his foot at the hospital and is limping ~ otherwise he's great.  He's also pretty easy to keep track of ~ this is probably the first time in our lives together that I can walk faster than him ;).

LOL yeah he is a fast walker.  I had to stop a few times out in that pasture that day. 

Jane

Joanna,
Glad to hear Marty is doing so good. Rex is in Howard this week. Marty should get with Rex and talk about their stents. Rex has two and is very good about taking all his medicine.
He did real good the first  year and 1/2 with his walking then got out of the habit. He has gained some weight and just went to the doctor and was in trouble for gaining so much so he has started walking again. I am sure Rodney and Rex will be walking in the morning.
Jane

srkruzich

Quote from: Jane Vinette on February 17, 2009, 06:44:49 PM
Joanna,
Glad to hear Marty is doing so good. Rex is in Howard this week. Marty should get with Rex and talk about their stents. Rex has two and is very good about taking all his medicine.
He did real good the first  year and 1/2 with his walking then got out of the habit. He has gained some weight and just went to the doctor and was in trouble for gaining so much so he has started walking again. I am sure Rodney and Rex will be walking in the morning.
Jane
Sigh now your making me feel guilty!  :P  I have hibernated since i got my stents back in september.  :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk