Where might I find......

Started by S-S, January 25, 2009, 05:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S-S

The catch plate things that are inserted under the burners on my stove top? I'm not sure what else to call them. The sit under the burner and catch crumbs or anything else. The one under my largest burner isn't doing so well after it caught fire today... :-[  Would Cookson's have them?

mayflower

They might.  Also check Family Market.  If all else fails, Wal Mart has them.

Good luck..............Mayflower

Teresa

yes... Cooksons have them ... ..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

Also, putting aluminum foil on the burner plates helps make cleanup a lot easier. 

S-S

Thanks! I make cleaning the stove and oven Billy's job, and he rarely does it. I don't know why I didn't think of aluminum foil, duh! I didn't go into Cookson's today when I got groceries, but I will probably just get them at WalMart when I go on Wednesday.

Tobina+1

Wherever you go, just remember where your "holes" are and get ones that match. 

S-S

Maybe it would be smart to take them with me. Three are small and one is big. Won't I look like a crazy woman carrying those things around? Holy cow, I can see it now.

Ms Bear

They are pretty standard and usually come in sets four, one large and three small.  The main difference is one style is for gas ranges and another style for electric ranges.  They aren't very expensive.

Ms Bear

Joanna

I bought a new stove once. I wanted a gas range with a minimum of options. The one I decided on had 2 big enameled burner catch pans that covered 2 burners each, so I knew the pans wouldn't be "standard". 

I asked the sales person how difficult it will be for me to get replacements from Sears and she said "Oh, you'll never have to replace these. I have a stove just like it and it still looks like new."  I asked her if she cooked a lot and she replied 'oh no, I live alone so I eat out or have microwave meals mostly.'  Honestly, I was speachless.  I went home mad. 

I looked up the range and the pans online at Sears to see they were available.  I did get that stove after I researched it (scouted out a different salesman) and I haven't had to replace the pans, but it's only about 10 years old and I expect it to last much longer. 

I generally end up taking an SOS pad to it for the stuck on splatters, so I'm really glad I didn't get one of those glass topped ones that scratch so easily.  That won't work for you since yours are burnt up; I've done that before too!   :laugh: :'( :laugh:

Another trick I learned is to take all the removable parts and put them in a heavy duty trash bag.  Add a cup or two of straight amonia and tie the top closed with as little air as possible in the bag.  Let it set (outside) for 24 hours or so and then rinse off in the drive (or somewhere away from plants).  The dirt that is left will scrub off much easier, you can get most of it with a garden hose & scrub brush.

S-S

LOL, I love that story. Our stove is electric and only almost 4 years old. We bought all new appliances when we put in our new house. I just HATE cleaning the burners and oven. It's a monumental task that is absolutely disgusting. But I will try all of these new tips to save me from another "burnout".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk