Israel-Hamas

Started by Wilma, January 12, 2009, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Back to you, Catwoman - You and Pam seem to have different beliefs.  Previously you mentioned the Nicean Council constructed
the Bible.  The "Council" might have constructed a bible.  Anything coming from the Nicean Council seems suspect to me too.

Here's a webpage about the Nicene Council:
http://www.letusreason.org/Trin13.htm

There's many different bibles being published for sale these days and there's probably more to come.  All of 'em can not be right.  I believe we already have the truth in the KJB so why look for something else to use as a "good guide"?

Eccleciastes 1: 8-10
All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

rc

pam

Quote from: redcliffsw on January 14, 2009, 12:22:35 PM

Pam - you're sure reading a lot of things and they all can not be true.
It's kinda like water & oil - it doesn't look like a good mix no matter
how much you stir it.

There are grains of truth in many diverse places, I went lookin for answers nobody could give me a long time ago. What I do or don't think is between me and God.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

Actually, RC, Pam and I are closer in theology than you believe...I happen to agree with her...the God-given laws that are found in all of the great religions, Christian and non-Christian alike, are all basically the same...therefore, all of the great religions have truth at their core.  It is only when the man-made dogma enters that man, as a race, has such huge differences in theory, practice and implementation.  And, this is probably the last that I will post on this subject, as this is not the correct thread for this conversation, anyway...and I'm sure there are those on this Forum that will be grateful to see it concluded.  ::)

pam

Quote from: Catwoman on January 14, 2009, 06:39:30 PM
Actually, RC, Pam and I are closer in theology than you believe...I happen to agree with her...the God-given laws that are found in all of the great religions, Christian and non-Christian alike, are all basically the same...therefore, all of the great religions have truth at their core.  It is only when the man-made dogma enters that man, as a race, has such huge differences in theory, practice and implementation.  And, this is probably the last that I will post on this subject, as this is not the correct thread for this conversation, anyway...and I'm sure there are those on this Forum that will be grateful to see it concluded.  ::)

Exactly Catwoman  :)  :-X
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

redcliffsw

frawin

In my opinion, that is a compliment to Israel.

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

pam

I suppose y'all think it's ok they bombed the UN complex? Not once but twice? If anybody else had done that the United States would be raisin hell and puttin a chunk under it, callin for some kind of retribution whether they "missed and hit it by accident" or not.
Seriously, terrible things were done to jews in history, everybody knows that. Sooner or later tho that quits holdin water as an excuse for whatever they do or don't do.
Sooner or later we ALL gotta get past the past and start makin a better future for our children instead of no future at all if things keep goin the way the are. The human race needs to seriously get their s@#$ together.
William Butler Yeats

srkruzich

Quote from: pam on January 15, 2009, 10:21:35 PM
I suppose y'all think it's ok they bombed the UN complex?
Actually yeah i do.  One of the greatest things this country could do is evict the un and turn its building into quality housing and send them packing somewhere else.
One of the most corrupt terrorist supporting entities on earth.  Their textbooks even support terrorists and glorify terrorism to the  the kids.  Time to get rid of the UN.

QuoteNot once but twice?
I agree, its a shame. They should have leveled it the first time.

QuoteSeriously, terrible things were done to jews in history, everybody knows that. Sooner or later tho that quits holdin water as an excuse for whatever they do or don't do.
To heck with history, what about now.  You can't expect israel to sit there and take it forever.  IF hamas or hezbollah shot missles into the US, do you think we would hesitate wiping them off the face of the planet??

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pam

You know.....I understand an eye for an eye and pretty much figure that's the way I'd be. But the body count is over 1000 palestinians (most of them civilians) to what like 13 israelis? that's like 75 or 76 eyes for an eye. Wee bit of overkill ain't it ?

If anything in this world I try to be honest with myself and others......yeah I would be killin mad.........I'd want revenge.....BUT THAT DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT period. I'm not arrogant enough to convince myself it is neither. All those little kids haven't done anything to anybody, do they deserve white phosphourus (or however you spell it) for Christs sake? Or do we still subscribe to the "nits make lice" mentality?

As for the UN I figure they do a pretty good job of feeding, doctoring, and taking in of civilians who are taking the consequences of the worlds stupid power hungry few.

Ah screw it...I'm just wastin my breath and settin myself up for some kind of scathing reply so knock yourself out, I don't care...Wrong is wrong.....no matter WHO is doin it.

William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk