Israel-Hamas

Started by Wilma, January 12, 2009, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Quote from: Warph on April 26, 2009, 02:01:40 AM
Quote from: dnalexander on April 25, 2009, 10:55:37 PM
Quote from: Warph on March 27, 2009, 02:03:24 AM

This is a good example of poor reporting by all news outlets not checking out the facts.  The media stinks.  Iran stinks.  Perry White would have been proud of you bringing it to our attention. ....SuperWarph

"Great Caesar's ghost!" I haven't heard good ole Perry White's name in years.

David "Jimmy Olsen" Alexander

Diane Amberg

Where would the Daily Planet be without him? How did we get over here? ;)

Varmit

rdcliffsw, That article pretty much nailed it.  I wonder what the consequences of distancing yourselves from Isreal are going to be?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

dnalexander

Quote from: redcliffsw on April 25, 2009, 08:54:28 PM

Star Parker
"Will Obama Abandon Israel?"

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=96018

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on April 26, 2009, 04:35:05 PM
rdcliffsw, That article pretty much nailed it.  I wonder what the consequences of distancing yourselves from Isreal are going to be?

Billy and RedcliffSw the question Star Parker asks is good. I read the article and I think it is poorly written and she does nothing to support her opinion. I would rather hear your opinions other than hers. Redclifsw, I still thank you for posting that article. I would rather hear your opinion than that of someone whose own website describes her as a perpetrator of welfare fraud.

http://www.urbancure.org/starparker.asp

Star Parker's personal transformation from welfare fraud to conservative crusader has been chronicled by ABC's 20/20; Rush Limbaugh; Readers Digest; Dr. James Dobson; The 700 Club; Dr. George Grant; the Washington Times; Christianity Today; Charisma, and World Magazine. Articles and quotes by Star have appeared in major publications including the Washington Post and the New York Times.

This is an important topic and I appreciate everyone's efforts.

David

Varmit

Well, David, the opinion suggested in her article pretty much mirrors mine, I think that obama is pulling away from Isreal. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

David-

Usuallly, I agree with Star Parker.  Yes, she was on welfare.  Have you heard or seen
Ted Kennedy or Joe Biden repent of their past votes and support of socialiism and welfare?

How about some of the other Congressmen.  Bob Dole pushed the food stamp bill back in the
1970's by saying that it would help farmers - but it only changed who was paying for the food.
Has Bob Dole expressed regret for costing us so much as a nation?  Nope - and now the Fed's
are giving food stamps to immigrants and so on it goes...........

Thanks for bringing Star's past to our attention because she has learned how wrong it was
for her.

dnalexander

I know we are way off topic so I will finish here unless we want to talk about Israel-Hamas, Gaza etc.

Billy, gotcha.

Redcliffsw, gotcha. 

That was welfare fraud not just welfare.

Biden and Kennedy. No but I don't really give them much thought overall.

Bob Dole is a great man. He aint in office anymore.

My point was I am more interested in your opinions than a poorly written op-ed piece by Star.

Now I'll go back on topic and stop nit picking with you.

David

Warph

Okay, David.... time for me to get my two cents in here.  Obama would be NUTS if he had any thoughts of abandoning Israel.  A little history.  The Bush government, for the most part, was engulfed in conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan and hence the issue of Palestine became secondary to its wars. 

After the Israel got its butt kicked in the Lebanon 2006 war, Israeli Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert, became deeply unpopular due to a number of scandals related to his mayorship of Jerusalem, as these things have a way to come back and bite one in the ass, no matter how high up the food chain one gets.  Bill Clinton is probably the only one I can think of climbing out of a sewer smelling like a rose.

Anyway, the Israeli coalition-government fell apart, causing the need for early elections. This unforeseen occurrence made any progress on the two-state US plan virtually impossible. 

For these reasons, Bush's administration was unable to move ahead with its two-state solution, which is why many consider Bush's Middle East policy a failure.  Thanks a lot, Ehud... you pinhead.

Okay, as much as it pains me to say, during the past two years Obama has largely taken positions in support of the hard-line Israeli government, making statements virtually indistinguishable from that of the Bush administration.  His primary criticism of Bush's policy towards the conflict has been that the administration had not been engaged enough in the peace process, not that it has backed the right-wing Israeli government on virtually every issue.  Obama maintains that he is firmly committed to maintaining strong US-Israel ties, including military and economic aid.  He would continue US support for a two-state solution, and has stated that Jerusalem should be the capital of Israel.  Obama reiterated his administrations support for Israel.  He also reiterated America's support to Israel and the, "paramount importance of the Jewish state's security," making no mention of the suffering of Palestinians, the Gaza war, nor the continuing Israeli blockade of the beleaguered territory.

If we go by the unwritten rule that says that a president's choice of advisers define his policies, it's safe to assume that Obama will not abandon Israel. 

Three of Obama's senior advisors, former U.S. Ambassador to Israel, Daniel Kurtzer, his strategic advisor Dan Shapiro and his chief of staff Rambo Emanuel are Jewish and large supporters of Israel and promoters of peace, and they believe that the future of Israel depends on the establishment of a Palestinian state.  Also, Biden has openly declared "I am a Zionist."  Believe me, they will not advise Obama to throw Israel under the bus. 

With obama looking to be a two-term president, he doesn't want to disappoint the small but active Jewish-American community that had given him such comprehensive support throughout his entire campaign, especially if he runs again in 2012.  Also, as history has proven, no American President since Eisenhower has been able or willing to confront the Israeli lobby in America.  So, while many Americans wish that their leaders would be balanced in their support for Israel, the good news for Israel is that American politicians do not listen to their constituents.  I know the politicians in AZ sure as hell don't.

Obama may be talking tough to Israel but, George Bush, has already laid the path for Obama to follow:  Bush's vision of two separate states, the road map to peace, a commitment to freeze all settlements in the occupied territories - all these issues are waiting on Obama in the Oval Office.

Obama will have to decide if and when he wishes to put ol' Dubya's resolutions into action.
Let's pray that he has the balls to do it.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

redcliffsw

David, as far as welfare fraud - any Federal payment or program like that,
should never be.  Accepting money from the Fed's ahould never happen
in the first place, but it happens all the time.

Refer to "Not Yours To Give" at:
http://fee.org/nff/not-yours-to-give/

It's good to see that Star has regret over it all.  Wouldn't it be
great if more Ameriicans would reach the same conclusion to the matter.
Enough for now.........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk