Moline Library Update

Started by Happy Librarian, December 09, 2008, 09:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Librarian

The bricks are going up. the carpet is going down. Friday we are moving books and shelving into the new addition. Thanks Kristi

Happy Librarian

I just wanted to thank everyone who came to help at the Library the last couple of days. We got things done alot more quickly than I imagined. Thanks Again Kristi

Happy Librarian

The brick work is finished! We did the painting in the old part this week. The carpet is finished. We have some shelving to put together, but we are getting close to reopening. I cann't belive how much more light and space we have. Thanks Kristi

dnalexander

Being a very digital person I have to say that I still love having a hard copy in my hands. I hope we never lose our physical library where we can go and actually touch the information.

David

Happy Librarian

Well all the hard work has paid off and the Library is ready to open today. It really looks great. Hope you will all get a chance to come and see for your self. Thanks to all the great volunteers who have sorted,dusted, cleaned. See you at the Library!
Kristi

Rudy Taylor

I'll try to come by and take a picture.

Congratulations!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Happy Librarian

that would be great Rudy, thanks. Kristi

Happy Librarian

The Moline Library board voted to expand Tuesdays hours, starting June 2, 2009. New Library Hours are as follows. Tuesdays 9-12 and 3 pm-6 pm, Wednesday 9-12 and 1-5, Satudays 9-12. We will see how these hours work and expand from there as needed.
Open House has been scheduled for June 20, 2009, 9-12 with ribbon cutting at 10:00 am.
Thanks Kristi

Buddyboy

I had really hoped that Ruth and I could make it over for this. Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to make it. We will have to come over another time and take a tour. Congratulations on the new remodel!

Clubine Ranch

Buddyboy, sure hate that you will miss this as I remember how hard you use to work in the Library while you lived here. Also remember how great you and your sister use to Rock and Roll dance together. :) But do make it in whenever you get a chance. Know you will be happy with the updates that have been made. Kristi is a wonderful Librian and an asset to our little community. Barbara

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk