Local pictures

Started by Teresa, November 26, 2008, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

That is cool!!  When I was going to get water, south of here a ways, something ran across the road that had a long tail and I could have swore it was a Cougar, but I didn't see it well enough to say for sure.  Sure wish I had seen it better. 

Haven't seen anything that looks like a wolf or sounds like a wolf, but that would be kind of neat as long as they all stay away from the house.  LOL  Have enough trouble with the coyotes coming right up to the french doors on the backside of our house.

Wilma

It probably was a cougar, Sarah.  You are right in the middle of the territory of the sightings that I have been told about.

mayflower

Those pictures are amazing!  We saw a longtailed cat of some kind about 20 years ago at the Howard City Lake.  It was in the middle of a summer afternoon.  It was walking on the brushy side of the lake by the water.  But, you know there aren't any of those animals around here!!!   

Wilma

Yeah, we know.  We've been told.

S-S

We've seen and trapped quite a few bobcats out here. But haven't seen any cougars yet. Billy says he once saw one when he worked on a ranch outside Madison. They also had a few wild hogs up there.

S-S

Did anyone else see this story on KAKE-10 news at 6 last night? These photos were not taken near Mulvane, but in Nebraska.

Dee Gee

The Link to KAKE news story about the mountain lion hoax.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/35563694.html
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Dee Gee

Nobody knows where these pictures were taken, the person hasn't stepped foreward to own up to the location. Try this link to a Omaha paper.
http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3942&u_sid=10495357
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

sixdogsmom

Edie

Jo McDonald

I had an email from Chris - the park manager at Elk City - and he has confirmation that the pictures were taken in South Dakota -- verified by the orange ear deer tag.  I guess they were circulation in Minnesota claiming to be from there -- that is what one of our Minnesota friends sent to me.  Good pictures -- vast coverage.  lol lol lol
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk