What are you reading?

Started by S-S, November 23, 2008, 02:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

just bought Duma Key by Stephen King yesterday, he's the one writer i generally like everything he writes. I don't read as much as I used to..kinda have the attention span of a knat anymore  :P workin on drawing down the moon by margot adler too. I like a good mystery too Wilma.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Duma Key is a good read Pam, enjoy!  ;)
Edie

Rudy Taylor

"The Last Lecture" is quite appropriate during this Thanksgiving Week. Wonderful book.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Teresa

Last Lecture is a good book..
Humbling.. very very humbling.

I am reading the Stephan Hunter books. Just finished Black Light  and now I'm reading Time To Hunt.
They are sniper books..  Awesome.. Hunter is one hell of a writer. I have read 4 and on my 5th..bought all of them and Kjell and I have our noses in them most of the evenings.

I also bought the rest  of the Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear books. I have read 5 of them (there are 13 )and when I get done with Hunter.. I will once again start on the People of the ___  series.

People of the Wolf was the first one.. People of the Raven and People of the Weeping Eye are the last ones. and there is a whole lot of People books in between. They are about Prehistoric people and the story of them from each section of North America.
I read every kind of book.... except romance.. I hate romance books.. but anything else, I like.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

D Whetstone

The Elk County Forum.  I can't get enough of it.  A real page turner.   :D

DW

pam

you're right SDM it IS good :)

I'm with ya on the romance books Teresa lol can't even read one clear thru without crackin up or throwin up one or the other :P

One book I found in a flea market....Simple Abundance, a daybook of comfort and joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach....good for what ails ya.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Janet Harrington

I am like my mother.  I read several books at one time.  However; I am currently reading books written by Brenda Novak.  I am almost done with her triliogy series,  Dead Silence, Dead Giveaway and Dead Right.

Wilma

And I am about ready to start "Watch Me", "Trust Me", "Stop Me".

sixdogsmom

You two sound like a 'vicious' pair! LOL! I bet you know all the different ways to off somebody!  :D :D
Edie

Wilma

You betcha!  What Janet doesn't know I can make up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk