Howard building renovations

Started by indygal, November 19, 2008, 06:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

I think it's great that two main street buildings are being renovated for new purposes. It's exciting to see the day-to-day progress and to know that two storefronts are getting a new lease on life. Thank you to those working hard and giving the Howard business district something to be proud of.

Lookatmeknow!!

Are you talking about the buildings beside Howard State Bank??  What are they doing there??
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

indygal

I'm referring to the work PEP is doing to the space north of Batson's (won't that be awesome when it's done!!) and the building south of Howard State Bank. I'm not sure what that space will be used for (I recall hearing it will be a doll museum), but the upper-story windows have been replaced and it appears a new floor is being poured inside, so already there is improvement. I'd really like to see our business district take a "Main Street" approach ... which encourages all building owners (whether or not there is an active business in it) to make exterior improvements/repairs (paint, clean windows, flower boxes, etc.) to enhance to entire district.

Wilma

Keep us posted.  I am DYING of curiosity.

sixdogsmom

Speaking of dolls--- does anyone know what has become of Bertha Baumgartls' dolls? I know they are going to auction her house, so that must mean her dolls have been moved elsewhere. Any input? Will there be a sale?
Edie

Lookatmeknow!!

Well, you know that building beside the Howard State Building.  I have seen Marlin and Nadine Baumgartel working on that building along with Connie and Verlon Saxton.  Maybe they are putting Bertha's dolls in it.  I don't know!! 

Oh, yes.  I forgot all about PEPS project.  It will be nice when it is through.  I am sure that Julia will be glad, too!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

sixdogsmom

How nice for Bertha if that is the case. She loved showing her dolls, and I loved seeing them. I posess a little expertise in that area if they need some help in indentity etc.
Edie

S-S

They had one of Bertha's auctions last weekend at the Piedmont gym. I don't recall there being any dolls listed. They did have lots of neat old furniture though.

Tobina+1

I heard that yes, the building south of HSB will be used for the doll collection.  I don't know if it's part of the Benson Museum, or just a separate entity.  I agree that any renovations on main street will help the town AND county out!

Jo McDonald

HOW EXCITING !!!   We are looking forward to moving "back home" next spring.  I Really enjoy all of the updates on Howard, as Howard definitely is home to Fred and I.  Congratulations to all that are  doing all the" heavy" and making such wonderful progression to main street.

Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk