Hormones: Good, Bad, Ugly

Started by pepelect, November 13, 2008, 08:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Osteoporsis is also brought on by lack of exercise and I think you have to agree that we are the most inactive nation around, too.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on November 14, 2008, 10:24:54 PM
Osteoporsis is also brought on by lack of exercise and I think you have to agree that we are the most inactive nation around, too.
Yes that is true.  I got that information though from my doctor when we were discussing the fact that i drink raw milk.
He agreed with me that if i can get it raw that it is a whole lot better for you than the pasturized homogonized .... milk they sell in the store.  We both agreed that it can be bad if one doesn't use sanitary methods and keep the livestock healthy.

i Know that my surgery last year i healed far faster in bone repairs than i had from a previous surgery because i was able to assimilate the calcium faster and more efficiently due to the enzymes and bacterias in the milk that occur naturally.   It led on to osteoporosis and
bone density being affected by not being able to absorb it.

I have to admit though, i don't relish the idea of milking every morning when its 10 deg outside! LOL.  Hmm need to build me a heater for the milk barn. :P
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jane

If organic milk is being sold for $14.00 someone is taking the public to the cleaners and making a huge profit. I just bought a gallon of organic milk yesterday and paid $1.98. Most grocery stores have organic products and the price is no more then .50 cents to a dollar  higher.
I also buy hamburger with only 4 to 8% percent fat and yes it cost a little more.
Army Mom

pepelect

If you can get milk at $1.98 a gallon retail, then I would like to purchase 10,000 gallons......Delivered to Howard, Kansas.   Most organic products are aleast double the price of regular.
I own a grocery store with a 10 percent mark up on produce and less than that on milk.......We have 93% hamburger that we grind fresh every day.....you get what you pay for.   If you don't pay for it don't complain about it.

GMO crop issues have nothing to do with milk production.  If the NRA sponsored research on the growth of a spider in Paris would you discount the results because you like or dislike assault rifles?

If you don't want the people in the area to drink processed milk than fine we will quit selling it.   We will wait until your 500 gallon a week dairy is finished and is full production before we close up shop.  Remember the shelf life of raw milk means you have to milk three times a day with fully distributed product and complete production before the next shift begins.   People won't shop at night so good luck.   We also need 357lbs of cheese, and cheese products, cream, dips, yogurt, and buttermilk.   All of this for less than $1.98 a gallon.

sixdogsmom

Pep, I think she made a type-o.  ;)
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: pepelect on November 15, 2008, 08:59:37 PM
If you can get milk at $1.98 a gallon retail, then I would like to purchase 10,000 gallons......Delivered to Howard, Kansas.   Most organic products are aleast double the price of regular.
I own a grocery store with a 10 percent mark up on produce and less than that on milk.......We have 93% hamburger that we grind fresh every day.....you get what you pay for.   If you don't pay for it don't complain about it.
You know your processed milk isn't bad.  I just don't use it myself cause its processed.

QuoteIf you don't want the people in the area to drink processed milk than fine we will quit selling it.
I never said i did.  :) 

Wilma

Daughter won't buy hamburger anywhere except at Family Market and it is better hamburger.  She also prefers to buy her milk there as it is cheaper than anywhere else she shops.

pepelect

That is what I am asking....What are you afraid of in processed milk?  Not getting sick? You like skimming off the cream?    Is it the taste or the lack there of?  

I have tried the soy milk, organic, goat, and antibiotic free.   Not a reason in any of them to pay the difference to drink it on my cereal.   I grew up on whole raw milk.   I want to know if there is a reason no one drinks fresh.   If you raise it will it sell?  Would the fresh cream novelty ware off before the loan is paid off?

If you are willing to grind wheat for flour then why are there still trees around the area when we haven't had a lumberyard for over 20 years?

There are over 10 thousand cattle feed in the area every year yet there isn't a slaughter house with in 70 miles.  

Catwoman

There are over 10 thousand cattle feed in the area every year yet there isn't a slaughter house with in 70 miles.  
[/quote]

That has been my point for some time now...you have the product, in mass quantities...why has there been no movement on the part of the producers to do what it takes to bring in a federally inspected meat processing plant to the area?  If you were to do what it takes to entice one to position themselves in the area, you would attract producers from at least a two state region.   

srkruzich

Quote from: pepelect on November 15, 2008, 10:01:22 PM
That is what I am asking....What are you afraid of in processed milk?  Not getting sick? You like skimming off the cream?    Is it the taste or the lack there of?  
First of all there is no taste in process milk. Its like drinking water. second is I am not kidding in that processed milk is
dead.  Milk is a food not just a drink.  The body cannot assimilate the calcium in the milk without the enzymes that
come with it or magnesium in the milk.  Sure they add vitamins after the processing to replace the ones they destroy
but its not the same as the natural vitamins that come in it and they can't replace the enzymes and good bacteria in the milk.
I have never been sick off of raw milk.  There are some dairys out there that sell raw milk but its getting far and few between.

QuoteI have tried the soy milk, organic, goat, and antibiotic free.   Not a reason in any of them to pay the difference to drink it on my cereal.   I grew up on whole raw milk.   I want to know if there is a reason no one drinks fresh.   If you raise it will it sell?  Would the fresh cream novelty ware off before the loan is paid off?
I agree organic is just a label.  Organic producers are allowed to use chemical treatments on the goats, and don't have to feed them 100% pure naturally grown product.  IF you get naturally Grown produce and milk products then your getting a higher quality product as its done with no chemical fertilizer/feed/ ect. 
The only reason no one drinks fresh is that its not available and Kansas makes it darn near impossible to get.  I can sell raw milk all day long if you come and get it from me. but it has to be on farm sales.   I can sell rabbits here all day long but they have to be sold live, and IF you ask me to kill it for you theni can kill it but i cannot skin it or cut it up for you.

QuoteIf you are willing to grind wheat for flour then why are there still trees around the area when we haven't had a lumberyard for over 20 years?
Huh?  LOL that made no sense :D
Sure wish we did have a lumber mill nearby.

QuoteThere are over 10 thousand cattle feed in the area every year yet there isn't a slaughter house with in 70 miles.  
Good question.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk