Update on Fred

Started by Jo McDonald, November 10, 2008, 02:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Quote from: cheyronni on November 10, 2008, 11:31:39 PM
Glad to hear thing are going good......now Fred just has to mind you Jo!!!

cheyronni......THAT is a loaoooooded statement.. 

God bless my mothers patience and those "eyes in the back of her head " that she still has from when I was a kid... ;D

..as Daddy  isn't the best patient to be told what he has to do.  ::)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

I called my daddy this morning at 5AM.. They were preparing to leave to be at the hospital in Corpus by 6:00.
He was in good spirits and ready for this to be over with.
Mama called at around 9:30 and said that the surgeons, doctors and nurses all visited with him while preparing him for surgery and gave him some more information on the procedure and his status. 

They said his condition of his valve was very very critical. The opening of a healthy perfect valve is 3.0.
A 2.0 needs replaced and  a 1.0 is very critical ..and his measures as of this morning, .04. (yikes..  :o that is past bad they said.
They figured that his heart had enlarged some because of the amount of hard work it has had to do to even function. They said without this surgery his lifespan would be less than a year.. But the upside was he was so healthy and strong so they didn't foresee any problems. And with this surgery he will gain more years. ( If God is willin' and the creek don't rise)  :angel:

So..................... all that said.. they shaved his body ( even his legs he said.. LOL) and took him in.

Mama called at 11:00 . He was in recovery and doing great!.. Everything went very smoothly and now he has a cow valve in and I'd reckon' he has a little Moo in him now.. ;D

Mother called just a while ago at 1:45 and said she had been in ICU with him for the 2 hours she was allotted ( in 2..out 2)  he was still sleeping and didn't seem in a hurry to come out of it yet.. his eyes fluttered but the light was bright so he just settled back and didn't come to yet. HIs coloring is very good and he has tubes coming out every place in his body.

Mama said that they tried to get him to wake up and  told him that his lady was there to see him , but she said that didn't interest him at all to get him to open his eyes..   :D hahahaha  ( I'm sure he thought " So what. Same old lady I looked at this morning..so nothing new there.. might as well snooze"..  ;D ;D

Mama promised him that she would leave the hospital to start home every day t 3 so she would miss all the traffic and not travel in the dark..
( They want his stress level and worry to be zero)..and daddy does and is a worrier....so she promised and she is leaving to go home. I'm sure I will have more updates in the next few days..

But for now, he is doing just fine.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

It sounds like all is going well.  Keep us posted.

Diane Amberg

A good Thanksgiving for sure. Prayers for you all.

pam

Good News :) Glad it went well! Will send prayers:)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Bonnie M.

Thank you for the report, Teresa!  I am so thankful that the surgery is over, and that he appears to be doing very well.  PTL !
Bonnie

Clubine Ranch

Sounding very well, we pray all continues to go well. This waking up business does seem to take longer than it use to, but from all my relatives it sounds pretty normal.

momof 2boys

Sounds like things are progressing well.  Glad to hear it . . .   I just love that Magic Man!

Catwoman

My thoughts and prayers are with him.

frawin

Great to hear that Fred is doing well. Our thoughts and prayers are with Jo and Fred and the family.
Frank and Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk