what goes around...

Started by BurntHills, November 10, 2008, 12:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurntHills

I remember 3 quotes  and think about the future --or not-- of America.     No one in any media,  Right or Left, said what was remarkably evident to the elderly WWII-era Americans that I was raised by.   The media were too afraid to.     

"Perhaps America will one day go fascist democratically, by popular vote."    ~~ William L. Shirer [The Rise & Fall of the Third Reich]

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
~~ George Santayana (1863-1952)  US Philosopher, poet

"Never forget that everything Hitler did was legal."
  ~~~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

pam

QuoteThey gathered under the new disk logo that their new Chosen One leader designed himself... he said it represented CHANGE & HOPE.  The Swastika.

Just a little FYI.... Hitler didn't design the swastika...it's been a symbol for the four winds for thousands of years before Hitler came along..he just stole it and made it into somethin despised.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

BurntHills

I think I am most grateful I am not sitting here typing in German or Jap and can say what I want to say.   Thanks, Guys!

pam

Ooook, lol. Humans are always doomed to repeat their mistakes.....just wait a few generations for the memories to start to fade and then the wheel turns and here we go again....but just for the record I ain't holdin my breath till Obama turns into hitler lol.
I'm not much of a doomsdayer.....
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

BurntHills

Too bad America has raised its young to be so dependent and blind, and so many "choices" to make. 85 brands of cereal just for breakfast.   Thank God I never had "choices" like these kids today.   I listen to them and all they are all the same, just bleating sheep.

pam

Oh I see the dark side lol....sometimes it consumes me but my CHOICE is to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I have to squint and tilt my head a little lol but it's always there...

As for the partyin lol alcohol tends to turn the berserker in me loose :P not always a good thing  8)
On the dependant and blind subject....some of us still raise our kids to be INdependant and eagle eyed...trust me mine are independant lol

Sorry about your husband....thats awful.
William Butler Yeats

BurntHills

Thank you for your condolences on Paul's death,

Diane Amberg

I'm so sorry you lost your beloved husband. How long were you together? Did a sudden heart attack take him?

BurntHills

To everyone and Diane, thank you, condolences do ease the heaviness.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk