ARE YOU SURE?

Started by Wilma, November 02, 2008, 09:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

The first time I voted in a presidential election, I had no problem with my decision.  To me, there was only one choice and I was confident it was the right one.  My candidate won and as it turned out, I think it was the best choice for the country.

This presidential election year, which may well be the last one I will be able to vote in, I have not been so sure.  I have thought all along that my first choice was the right one, but I have kept my mind open and listened to and read all I could about the two choices.  The closer we get to the final day, the more sure I am that there is only one candidate that truly has the best interests of the country at heart. 

Yet, my candidate seems to be the underdog, due in part, to the biased reporting of the press and media. 

Due, in another part to the excessive spending of one of the candidates. 

All along I have seen for myself that only one of the candidates seems to know what is going on in the country, but why shouldn't he?  He has spent many, many years in Washington, not just two years, in the running of the nation. 

He, also, is not afraid to buck the big boys while the other candidate is receiving big bucks from the big boys. 

One candidate is running his campaign with public funds and will owe no allegiance to mega money. 

The other candidate has accepted huge amounts of money from huge political families and guess who is going to have a lot to say about presidential decisions.

I could go on all day along this line, but what it all boils down to is this: 

Which candidate is going to do what is best for the nation, not what he says he is going to do for you?

If you have not yet made your decision or are not absolutely sure that it is the best decision, ask yourself:

"Which candidate will do what is best for the nation and therefore, best for me?"

frawin

Wilma, after all of the masses of posts that many of us have put out there, your post makes more sense and says it as good as it can be said. I think that is another example of the rural America wisdom and thinking being down to earth and saying it like you see it. Well said.
Frank

oldmom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk