Statements I won't forget.

Started by Teresa, October 31, 2008, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

The question is really not who was president during the war but who was president when the war started and who was president when the war ended.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

Good point.  So, what is the answer?

Teresa

Between the Spanish American war (McKinley Rep) and First Gulf war ( Bush I Rep.) Democrats got us into all the wars we were involved in.

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/holidays/presidents-day/political-parties.html

Also remember that alot of people only ran on a main party for the election  Teddy for example was a bull moose.( party he helped found)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

Uh oh...Yeah, that's what I was thinking but didn't want to say it too loudly.  Huh.  Well, well...that makes a grand total of three Republican Presidents who have started wars...the rest (and there's quite a number of them) were started by Democrats.  Well, alrighty then.

Teresa

off topic.. but well said Diane. in many levels.

our 2nd amendments rights... as citizens protecting our family's etc..

Take those away or alter them ..and you have 'the people' defenseless to do anything but succumb to whatever war is being waged against you.

pam

Democrats or Republican.......STUPID people start wars.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

stupid or not.....still happens.......... and you have to be able to stand up and fight when it does.

pam

My ancestors been standin up and fightin for centuries, don't reckon we will stop anytime soon.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

That's good.. pack some beef jerky.. LOL

mtcookson

Quote from: pam on November 03, 2008, 08:11:19 AMDemocrats or Republican.......STUPID people start wars.

God is stupid?

Not all wars are unjustified...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk