Statements I won't forget.

Started by Teresa, October 31, 2008, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Quote from: mtcookson on November 03, 2008, 01:45:34 PM
Quote from: pam on November 03, 2008, 08:11:19 AMDemocrats or Republican.......STUPID people start wars.

God is stupid?

Not all wars are unjustified...

How does God start a war? I didn't say they were all unjustified, I said they were stupid justified or not.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pam

And for that matter when did I say anything about God???????????????
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

mtcookson

QuoteSTUPID people start wars

God commanded wars to be started and people to be killed, as said in the Bible. Therefore, He started wars and going by your statement He is then stupid.

Basically all I'm getting at it there are times when war is absolutely necessary and a person starting a war does not mean they are stupid.

pam

Whatever....... Wars are stupid, most of the reasons they are started are stupid, most of things that happen are totally uncalled for. People use God as an excuse for war way too often. We are just gonna have to agree to disagree here bud, cause twistin my words that way doesn't change my position one bit.
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

Quote from: mtcookson on November 03, 2008, 03:59:52 PM
QuoteSTUPID people start wars

God commanded wars to be started and people to be killed, as said in the Bible. Therefore, He started wars and going by your statement He is then stupid.

Basically all I'm getting at it there are times when war is absolutely necessary and a person starting a war does not mean they are stupid.
There are all kinds of reasons that wars start, not all of them having to do with self-defense...at times, wars are started to stimulate certain areas of the economy...or make sure that we have a foothold in a politically hot area of the world...it has even been discussed that China will one day start a world war, in order to give the billions of men there something to keep them occupied, since their child policies have resulted in a higher percentage of men being raised vs. percentage of women.  I agree with Pam...it's sheer stupid arrogance that leads people to play chess with other peoples' lives...yes, in the case of self-defense, it's necessary...but how often does a case like that arise, in all honesty?  Since 9-11, it's become far more common to act in self-defense, even pre-emptively. 

Carl Harrod

Quote from: pam on November 03, 2008, 08:24:26 PM
Whatever....... Wars are stupid, most of the reasons they are started are stupid, most of things that happen are totally uncalled for. People use God as an excuse for war way too often. We are just gonna have to agree to disagree here bud, cause twistin my words that way doesn't change my position one bit.

I guess the American Revolution was "Stupid"

pam

William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

Quote from: Carl Harrod on November 04, 2008, 12:31:47 AM
Quote from: pam on November 03, 2008, 08:24:26 PM

I guess the American Revolution was "Stupid"
That is the one war that I will never call stupid...it established the start of the greatest human experiment ever known to man...the United States of America...the one experiment that in 232 years has showered the benefits of freedom, in all it's forms, upon the luckiest group of individuals ever to walk this earth.  Say what you will about our various troubles...because, yes, we do have them...but, overall, we live a life that plenty of others out in this wide world are willing to kill or be killed to attain.  No apologies here, people...my ancestors fought in that Revolutionary War.

pam

I hear what you're sayin, and y'all are misunderstandin me a little. My point is that just the fact that some wars ARE necessary is stupid......the fact that there is no other way to get things done sometimes than that is absolutely stupid. I have been working on my family tree for awhile now and I have documented ancestors fighting in wars for freedom ever since Mary Stuart, fighting the British in Ireland, the Revolution, 1812, the Civil War, Spanish American, both World wars, and Korea, we just didn't have anybody to go in Vietnam in the immediate family. Just because you are fighting them doesn't mean you don't see the ultimate stupidity of the fact that that is the only way.........
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk