The Lone Ranger

Started by W. Gray, October 29, 2008, 04:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

There is to be a big budget remake of the Lone Ranger.

Walt Disney is the studio. Jerry Bruckhiemer is the producer.

Johnny Depp is supposed to be Tonto and the hero's role has not yet been cast but according to True West magazine, there are rumors of George Clooney.

Supposedly, the studio is gearing up for more than one movie.

The last motion picture of the Lone Ranger was in 1981 when Klinton Spillsbury played the Ranger and Michael Horse played Tonto. It was Spillsbury's first movie and it proved to be his last.

It was a huge flop and I recall the best part of the entire picture was a rider less Silver leading the Cavalry to the rescue.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

Waldo it was hard to beat those old radio programs, and early television. I was so enamoured of Tonto when I was about 12 years old! LOL!   :D :D
Edie

dnalexander

Clooney would be a great Lone Ranger. Depp as Tonto I don't know though he is a great actor. Jerry Bruckheimer good choice for bringing a comic book character to life on the big screen. Sounds promising, but how many times have these turned out to be disappointing? It is very hard to take these iconic stories and move them to today. I look forward to this and I would pay he $10 ticket price to see it.

David

W. Gray

I have heard there was a 2003 Lone Ranger TV movie that was a flop. It was a WB movie--I dont think that network exists any longer.

I have a feeling Bruckheimer is going to have to repackage these two somehow, someway to make them a multi- movie hit. No fancy blue body suit, no fancy saddle, more realistic Indian getup, etc. Maybe make them "in the dirt" kind of people.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

The Lone Ranger movie has been pushed back to 2012.

W. Gray

Disney Studios have scrapped Johnny Depp and the Lone Ranger movie.

farmgal67357

Johnny Depp is busy making a movie from the old Dark Shadows TV show. Tim Burton is directing.
Lisa
Lisa

Diane Amberg

Barnabas Collins! Loved that very strange show.

farmgal67357

Me too! Johnny is going to play Barnabas. I've been watching the old shows on Netflix steaming. It's been fun!
Lisa
Lisa

Diane Amberg

EEK. Ya just reminded me of how old I am! I watched the originals back before we had any thing to record with. ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk