Main Menu

Freedom

Started by DanCookson, October 28, 2008, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Catwoman - Aren't the "local" BOE members the agents of the State and the Feds?  Or are they in a dual role as representatives of the gov't(s) and the local folks?       

Catwoman

I thought that they were specifically local...although, it may be that they are sworn in as agents, publically elected, of the State...how would I know?  I've never been on a BOE...it would be termed a conflict of interest...LOL...how ironic...'cause who would be more interested than a teacher??????

redcliffsw

The BOE is probably worth checking into.  A BOE member in another county once indicated to me the position was much like a rubber stamp for the State and Feds and that's probably more than we care to admit in this country.  Not surprising.  Private schools are well worth considering now that the puiblic schools are pretty much government schools.

BurntHills

We do not have The RIGHT to do or have anything here,   they are all PRIVILEGES.   we are still PRIVILEGED to be HERE.   look at the folks who VOTED down in Venezuela, they are powerless now. 

We are here because the Govt does not come and declare Martial law on us.  George W is still keeping us FREE.   

We are ''free'' today because we have not been hit by a "RED DAWN" ---- yet.     

just think, one well-placed directive, and no internet, no EK forum.   no phones, no cell phones, no gas.    Yup. too bad I sold my horse.    I can hear the juju drums in the Oval Office come Feb 09, when he "finds" his African father's religion and tells America.    or will he... tell us first?? 

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

Whoa there, Burnt Hills...you'll get "Obamanated" if you're not careful! lol

Diane Amberg

Uh, last time I looked it was the Bill of Rights, not the bill of privileges. I still don't think the world will come to an end, nor do I think I'll be hauled away for being a moderate Independent instead of a blood red Repub.  We need to work together to improve things, not just sit and sulk.

pam

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 11, 2008, 09:33:02 AM
Uh, last time I looked it was the Bill of Rights, not the bill of privileges. I still don't think the world will come to an end, nor do I think I'll be hauled away for being a moderate Independent instead of a blood red Repub.  We need to work together to improve things, not just sit and sulk.

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Burnt Hills...................
A little heads up..... you don't want to get too much into what could become ."realities".................. It just makes some of them pull that hood tighter over their eyes. Most don't like to even consider or look in that direction ..let alone do anything to be to be prepared..just in case   :-\  ( which is part of "working together" in all areas.......)

Sooooooooooooo..

Caution!  You have not entered the "No Spin Zone"...
but you have entered into the "Keep your head tightly in the sand zone".   ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

Lol, Teresa... you know me better than that! My motto is be prepared but hope for the best so  :P lol I ain't runnin off the cliff if it ain't necesary and even then I'll just be the one takin off over the hill !
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk