VILLAGE IDIOTS

Started by Warph, October 22, 2008, 12:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

VILLAGE IDIOTS  (from the Patriot Post)

More endorsements: "I have some concerns about the direction that the [Republican] party has taken in recent years. It has moved more to the right than I would like to see it... I would have difficulty with two more conservative appointments to the Supreme Court, but that's what we'd be looking at in a McCain administration." —former Republican Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Colin Powell endorsing Barack Obama **Too far to the right? What party is he talking about?

From the Glitterati: "Until the Republican Convention, very few had ever heard of Sarah Palin... and now this mean-spirited campaigner is asking who is Barack Obama? I'm asking who is Sarah Palin?" —who is Barbra Streisand?

More tripe from Hollywood: "I don't think Sarah [Palin] would understand the picture... It has a lot of complicated dialogue. George Bush is an intellectual compared to her... It's very fair. It's based on a lot of research. It was not done with malice." —director Oliver Stone on his movie "W", insisting that the movie is NOT an attack on President Bush  "It isn't Bush bashing, but it should be. He will have a long and healthy life and hopefully spend most of it in depositions. Hopefully, history will be unforgiving." —actor Richard Dreyfuss, who portrays Dick Cheney in the movie "W"

SHORT CUTS

"Even in this room full of proud Manhattan Democrats, I can't shake that feeling that some people here are pulling for me. I'm delighted to see you here tonight, Hillary!" —John McCain at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner Thursday night

"This must be the first time in Western civilization that being a plumber was considered too 'high brow' to represent the vox populi... Then again, with all the political sewage in Washington, maybe more plumbers are just what our nation's capital needs." —Elisabeth Meinecke

"Colin Powell is in the news, of course, because he endorsed Barack Obama. Wonder how John McCain feels about Colin Powell endorsing Obama? He is probably all right with it. Men his age are used to having colon problems." —Conan O'Brien

"Washington, DC, was named in a health survey as having the highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases of any city in the United States. Blame it on the Wall Street bailout plan. You can't screw that many taxpayers and not catch something." —Argus Hamilton

Jay Leno: If you watched the debate [Wednesday] night, you know John McCain kept talking about this guy Senator Obama met on the campaign trail named Joe the Plumber. Do you know the saddest part about the Joe the plumber story? Last month, he was an investment banker. ... Are you buying this whole Joe the plumber thing? McCain said he's worried about Joe the plumber's income. His income? Anybody here ever gotten a bill from a plumber and go, "Well, this is way too low. Put a few more zeros. Put something down there for yourself." ... A married congressman from Florida, Tim Mahoney, is under investigation for paying $125,000 to his mistress to keep her quiet. Well, that worked out well. Well, listen, yesterday it was reported he was having a second affair at the same time. What kind of sleazeball cheats on his mistress? ... And in a statement with his wife standing next to him—only in politics do the wives stand next to you when you do this kind of stuff—Mahoney said this is a private matter. The most important thing to him now is his wife. Well, that's got to make her feel special. Of all the women he's sleeping with, she's number one. ... This week, President Bush announced a $250 billion—everything's billions now, millions don't even count, have you noticed that? Millions is like chump change—plan for the government, to directly buy shares of the nation's leading banks, to make sure they're run properly. Because one thing we know is the people who gave us a $9-trillion debt, they know how to handle money.

Veritas vos Liberabit—Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis! Mark Alexander, Publisher, for The Patriot's editors and staff. (Please pray for our Patriot Armed Forces standing in harm's way around the world, and for their families—especially families of those fallen Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, who granted their lives in defense of American liberty.)
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk