WINGRAVE, Viola Yvonne (Farrell) - b. May 1, 1931 - d. August 8, 2006

Started by Janet Harrington, August 12, 2006, 06:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Viola Yvonne Wingrave, 75, a former resident of Severy, died Tuesday, August 8, 2006, at Medicalodge of Eureka.

Services were held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, August 11, 2006, at the Severy Baptist Church with Pastor Tonyi Pameticky officiating.  Interment was in the South Lawn Cemetery in Severy.

Memorials are suggested to the Special Olympics and Hospice Care of Kansas.  Contributions may be left with Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard.

Mrs. Wingrave was born on May 1, 1931, at Grand Forks, N.D., to Stanley and Eva Higbee Farrell.

She married Melvin Wingrave on November 10, 1947 at Roseburg, Ore., and he survives in Eureka. 

She was employed at several occupations during her life.

She was a member of the Severy Baptist Church.

Other survivors include four daughters, Karen Crane, Little Rock, Arkansas, Sheryl Wingrave and Ami Jo Wingrave, both of Severy, and Vicki Shaver, Liberal, Mo.; her mother, Eva Farrell, Fort Dodge; two sisters, Maxine Thorstead, Washington, and Janice Messerschmitt, Tucson, Arizona; 10 grandchildren, 27 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren.

Janet Harrington

Now, some of you Howardites may wonder who in the world Viola Wingrave was.  She was the mother of 3 girls that were around the same ages as my sisters and I.  Vicki was one year behind me, Sheryl was one year behind my sister, Jean, and Karen, the oldest, was in the same class as my sister, Jimmie Ann.  They grew up in Severy the same time I did, so Viola was familiar to me.  I don't remember where they lived and it seemed like they moved away, then came back after I was gone from Severy.  Ami Jo, their youngest went to school in Eureka and now lives with Sheryl.  Sheryl was married to Scott Hunter and had three children with him.  Our own, Trina Cooley, works in the drugstore as a pharmacy tech for Batson's Drug.  She is a lovely young woman with two nice young boys.  Trina is married to Ken Cooley from Moline and they live in Moline.

Teresa

Well now.. aren't you just a mountain of information...  ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I'm a mountain alright.  A mountain of LOVE.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

have to make a correction here re: Viola Wingrage.  Her daughter Sheryl was married to Scott Hunter, but they together only had one child, Wendy.  Sheryl was previously married to _____ Pyles (don't remember his first name) and he was the biological father of Trina and Monti.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Janet Harrington

You are right, flo.  His name was R.C. Pyles, I think.  Mother will know.  Maybe she will put her .25 cents in.

Scott did adopt Monti and Trina, did he not?

Wilma

She did marry a Pyles, but I thought R. C. was married to Rita Olsen.  My memory isn't good enough to be sure, though.  Maybe he was married to both Rita and Sheryl.  Sheryl was quite a bit younger than Rita.

flo

yes, Scott adopted Trina and Monti
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Marcia Moore

R.C. was married to Rita Olson and Sheryl Wingrave.  R.C. had a brother, Bill, who was married to Caroline Marrs, and a sister, Pat, who is married to Jack Austin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk