So whose fault IS it?

Started by pam, October 10, 2008, 08:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

I've been reading all the posts about what and who caused this financial mess we find ourselves in and the general concensus is that it is the fault of Jimmy Carter to start with because he thought EVERY American should have the chance to get financing for a home of their own, so he created the means for them to do it.

And Bill Clinton because he thought the same thing etc etc etc.

Yeah they started the ball rollin but their intentions were good. There are a lot of lower income people who couldn't get loans who have been making their payments every month at the expense of other things in their lives. THOSE are the people Carter was supportin being homeowners. Carter, Clinton and whoever else are NOT to blame for the greedy bastards who saw opportunity. They saw a way to give loans to people who they KNEW would NEVER be able to make their payments, repo the house and sell it to somebody ELSE at a HUGE profit so that's what they did and laughed all the way to the friggin spa.

THAT's what and who is to blame for this fiasco...............................................
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

I agree Pam; Jimmy Carter put a stop to red lining. There used to be areas of cities that could not be financed. It was called red lining, and banks would not finance houses there.
Edie

Warph

Quote from: pam on October 10, 2008, 08:23:37 AM
I've been reading all the posts about what and who caused this financial mess we find ourselves in and the general concensus is that it is the fault of Jimmy Carter to start with because he thought EVERY American should have the chance to get financing for a home of their own, so he created the means for them to do it.

And Bill Clinton because he thought the same thing etc etc etc.

Yeah they started the ball rollin but their intentions were good. There are a lot of lower income people who couldn't get loans who have been making their payments every month at the expense of other things in their lives. THOSE are the people Carter was supportin being homeowners. Carter, Clinton and whoever else are NOT to blame for the greedy bastards who saw opportunity. They saw a way to give loans to people who they KNEW would NEVER be able to make their payments, repo the house and sell it to somebody ELSE at a HUGE profit so that's what they did and laughed all the way to the friggin spa.

THAT's what and who is to blame for this fiasco...............................................

Welcome to politics, Pam.  Here's the nut-shell..... tho' their intentions were good (Carter and Clinton) it was poor legislation on their part and on congress that started this whole mess, compounded years later by Chairman Barney Frank and Chris Dodo saying everything was just hunky-dory with fannie and freddie while the sub-prime sleeze-bags were lining their pockets and were creating the worst housing mess ever.  Pardon the pun, but its one big House of Cards.  In politics, especially dirty politics, it's alway the decent, hard working people that get hurt and it has ALWAYS been that way.... unfortunately. 
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

pam

Really Warph? I didn't know that  :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

So if all this potentially harmful legislation has been around for so long, I don't understand why it wasn't exposed and attacked when there was a Republican majority. Were too many people on both sides of the aisle making big bucks? Successful lobbyists? I just don't get it.

Catwoman

pam

It's just handy to blame it on the democrats now that it has gone bust...........................and since basically a democrat came up with the concept...........SSDD. Nobody wants to blame the crooks who took advantage.....
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Try this one -

After you view the video, click on the home link.

http://www.usawakeup.org/USSA.htm
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

So..........We're all just gonna lay down and let it happen? Don't think so.

I'd try to argue about who's to blame for what but THAT is the definition of futility.......doesn't really matter at this point....there's enough blame to go around and blame ain't gonna fix anything.

That site feeds on fear...real or imagined....it's the flip side of the ones who think he's neater'n boobs on a rooster.

Stupid question, I suppose but if they know where all those terrorists are in the US why don't they boot em the hell out? Homeland security can do that y'know. Hell they can boot ME out if they don't like what I say!

Nobody is goin to force ANY kind of religion on me that I don't want, period. Or anything else for that matter, and there are an AWFUL lot of people who feel the same way so....all this is moot huh?

Laws can't take God out of ANYTHING! You aren't sposed to make a spectacle out of yourself with religion anyway, accordin to the Bible you're supposed to go in a closet and do your prayin in private! Sayin God can't be here or there or whereever just makes His presence all that more certain! Words can't take God away from you unless you let em.

As for kids, they aren't supposed to learn about God from the government anyway, they should learn from their family, and they DO learn even if their family doesn't.

Laws and people can't take freedom from you, it was never theirs to give in the first place. All they can take is your body, not your mind or spirit. They can't even take your body if you are willin to do what needs doin.

One person does not run this country, so one person CAN'T run this country in any way but the way the people want, the people have just forgotten that.

No offense Teresa but I gotta disagree with ya on this one :P
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk