parking at a gas station

Started by littlelamb, October 10, 2008, 08:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I find that most people are polite and well mannered. I think that people are fearful to pull away from a pump without paying first for fear that they will be thought of as theives. There is no excuse however for someone to pay at the pump then go inside after filling with gas. The car should have been moved for sure. I dearly love to have a young kid hold the door for me and I always say 'Why thank you sir", and inevitably receive a great smile in return.  ;) ;)
Edie

Wilma

Quote from: greatguns on October 10, 2008, 03:18:49 PM
  I'm so old that I can remember when this wasn't a problem because when you went to the filling station you bought gas. 

Quote from: flo on October 10, 2008, 04:08:33 PM

and while the attendant was pumping your gas he also washed your windshield, checked your radiator and tires and your oil if you asked him to.  Took your money and brought your change back out to you.  You didn't even need to get out.

This still happens at Lanning's and besides there is cheerful conversation all the time.

Mom70x7

I still use "sir" and "ma'am" - to lots of people, even students at school.
It gives them a start, but eventually they get used to me.

:D

And . . . it's also illegal in New Jersey to pump your own gas.

pepelect

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 10, 2008, 06:23:22 PM
I find that most people are polite and well mannered.  ;) ;)

What nineteen sixties dream world are you living in?  People are not nice.  They are lazy,rude, insensitive, and selfish. 

I will spot you two hundred idiots to the one nice guy/girl that treats you with respect.  When was the last time you pulled into a big box store and saw all the carts inside?  Better yet just in the cart cages that have been placed every 100ft.  Sit down at a resturant with a few kids and watch the idiots next to you light up their cig just like they have not a care in the world.  I bet if I went over and took a crap that drifted into their table they would not be so happy go lucky. 

Go to a football game at WEHS and try to watch the game.  I am suprised the floor to the bleachers are not worn out.  The kids constantly get up run down the aisle and run back.  They have no clue there is someone wanting to watch something besides them.

Ever hear a cell phone ring in church?  Ever see a idiot using a cell phone while filling his car with gas?

People are stupid.  I love how they bitch about the price of fuel at Howard's stations.  The gas is cheaper at tripco.  So do you want to have to go to Severy every time you fill up?  The gas prices are not set locally.

I love when the pumps are in a line and the idiot has pulled up to the first one...Not caring that someone else might need gas too.  Have you ever seen the look on someone's face if you pull up behind them and say "I'll just jump in your car and move it up for you if you want?"  If you are in Howard they say ya just go ahead.  Any where else they pull a gun.

If anyone ever calls me mister or sir, I look behind to see if my dad is standing there.  I called my waiter at Poplar mam, he got all bent out of shape.

greatguns

I drive to Severy everytime I want gas and to Howard to buy groceries, that does not make me stupid.  Where are your manners Mister?

Lookatmeknow!!

I'm one of those people that gets gas here in Howard no matter the price.  I don't want to have to get my kids out anywhere else.  I just see to many horror stories on T.V. about all the shootings and such. 

Go to a football game at WEHS and try to watch the game.  I am suprised the floor to the bleachers are not worn out.  The kids constantly get up run down the aisle and run back.  They have no clue there is someone wanting to watch something besides them.

Ok, I my kids are guilty.  I think they do good for the first 30 minutes, but we don't go to enough games and such to make them understand what the purpose of going to a game is. 

As for holding the door open for people and using your manners, that is just common for me!!  I see no need to be rude to others even if they are rude to me.  I have a saying, kill them with kindness.  No matter if the person likes you, you smile and keep talking to them like they were your best friend.  It is funny to see peoples faces when you do these types of things.

But I will tell you something that really makes me mad.  I tend to have over active girls, so we hardly ever go out of town shopping or such.  But on the occassion that we do, believe me I threaten them with every thing under the sun to behave.  Usually they aren't to bad, but there has been times that they throw fits.  I want to just give them a good spanking, but you can't in public anymore.  Sometimes I will take them to the bathroom until they settle down.  People look at you like you need to control your child. They even make remarks that if that was my child I would spank them.  Well, what do they think that I would like to do.  To me, the best thing to do in these situations is to ignore their fit throwing.  Believe me, I am good at not hearing the crying. 
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

pepelect

Quote from: greatguns on October 11, 2008, 06:34:30 AM
Where are your manners Mister?

You are missing the point.  If you don't shop locally you will be forced to go out of town every time...Do you want to have to drive to Severy to get fuel every time?  Tripco is on a larger more frequently travelled highway there fore it has bigger tanks and can take full loads of fuel.  They get a better price.  Also because they sell more fuel they get more tankers which also trickles down to a better price.  Do you buy fuel at coop?  Is it because you can or that you have to? 

If I were to build a larger store in a larger town I could get larger truck orders every time and save that much on freight by getting full loads.  But I choose not to do that...We lost our grocery store because of lack of people using it.  What I am saying is that if you nickel and dime the services in a small town they will go away. 

Why don't you buy groceries in Severy?

sixdogsmom

Angie, I think that you need to spank Patrick!  ;D ;D
Edie

Lookatmeknow!!

I thought we were talking about how rude it is to park in the fueling spots if you aren't fueling.  I think I feel more sorry for his better half.  No, Pepelect is right about the buying locally though.  I just don't feel safe fueling up anywhere else.  And to tell you the true, if it is only .10 difference, you really aren't saving any money driving from Howard to Severy.  And truly, how much are you really saving if you drive 60 to 70 miles to a Wally world, buy your stuff and drive back. 

Six, I think I will leave the spanking to his better half.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

pepelect

Feel sorry for who ever you want to. 

I think you should be able to park anywhere you damn well please.  If you get there first.  They make the money inside not at the pumps. Gas is just the hook to get you to buy $6 milk and $2 softdrinks.

If you wouldn't drive so fast you would not run out of gas.  Why are in so big a hurry that you can't wait a minute or go on down the road.  I have never seen a line past the nursing home or clear to carwash.  But I guess if we are living in the past maybe the horses got stacked up. 

If you pull in behind me at P&J's I'll pump your gas.  I never buy gas at the pump but I will pump yours.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk