SCALLOPED CORN SUPREME

Started by Teresa, October 09, 2008, 10:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

This is one of my family's favorites..
I'm making this today so thought while I was.. I would give you all the recipe.

SCALLOPED CORN SUPREME
1 (#2) can (2 1/2 c.) cream style corn
1/2 c. milk 1/2 cream
1 well beaten egg
1 c. cracker crumbs
1/4 c. minced onion
3 tbsp. chopped pimiento
. salt
pepper
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. cracker crumbs

Heat corn and milk, gradually stir in egg. Add 1 cup crumbs, onion, pimiento and seasonings. Mix well. Pour into greased 8 1/2" x 1 1/2" round pan. Melt butter and pour over 1/2 cup crumbs. Sprinkle the buttered crumbs over corn. Bake in moderate oven, 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

or for more people

SCALLOPED CORN SUPREME   

2 (#2) cans cream style corn
1c. milk 1c. cream
2 well beaten egg
2 c. cracker crumbs
1/4 x2  c. minced onion
6 tbsp. chopped pimiento
salt
pepper
4 tbsp. butter
1 c. cracker crumbs

Heat corn and milk, gradually stir in egg. Add 2 cup crumbs, onion, pimiento and seasonings. Mix well. Pour into greased pan. Melt butter and pour over 1 cup crumbs. Sprinkle the buttered crumbs over corn. Bake in moderate oven, 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

I tried this...YUMMMMMMMMMMY.  I like to get corn, in season, and then freeze it...blanch it, cut it off the cob and then combine with just a little bit of butter before freezing.  A little taste of summer in the dead of winter! :laugh:

Diane Amberg

My family always grew sweet corn and froze it. My job was to scrape the ears on the corn cutter. Yum! 

W. Gray

Olathe sweet corn grown in Olathe, Colorado, is supposed to be the best corn around.

The town of 1,600 has an annual Olathe Sweet Corn Festival in which there is a corn on the cob-eating contest similar to the Nathan's hot dog eating contest.

The two-day event on the western slope at 5,500 feet reportedly draws 18,000 people to the middle of nowhere and is called the best little festival in the U.S.

The corn on the cob-eating contest has to be the messiest contest around. The winner this year downed 33 lineal feet of corn, however, from the looks of things it appears that most of that winds up on the contestants faces and on the table in front of them.

Olathe sweet corn, supposedly handpicked, goes under contract to Kroger. The corn was supposed to have been bred specifically for climate in the area.

As I was typing this, I began wondering about there being an Olathe, Kansas, and an Olathe, Colorado.
According to the Olathe, Kansas, web site, Olathe is a Shawnee Indian word meaning "beautiful." The Olathe, Colorado, web site says the Colorado town was named after the Kansas town.

I will leave it up to your imagination to determine which might be more "beautiful."
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk