She's been thinkin again..........

Started by pam, October 09, 2008, 07:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Here's somthin for y'all to think about.............and just so you know I'm not interested in oh it was this party or that party that did it.....it's done and now WE got to figure out how to undo it.

This "tax-payer" bailout of wall street.....has anybody considered where this money is comin from? WE sure as hell ain't got it! This country is so far in debt we ain't ever gonna see daylight at this point. You hear"Well we are goin to depend on sovereign funds for the cash infusion we need". "We can sell these toxic assets to foreign investors etc" Has anybody stopped to think who that is? They are sellin this country right out from under us and nobody is sayin a word except"I hope my retirement is safe"! Foreign banks are takin ownership positions in OUR banks, foreign money is gonna come in and buy these mortgages and end up ownin a HUGE chunk of america. It ain't gonna matter if your retirement is safe or not at that point.

This country has been bass-ackwards for a long time now. We let all our manufacturing jobs go overseas so we no longer make anything we need here, we EXPORT food-oil-etc. and then turn around and pay MORE to import what we just exported from another country.
Nobody does ANYTHING on a cash basis anymore it seems, everybody I know except me has at least two credit cards that they pay for EVERYTHING with, I get 3 or 4 "YOU"VE BEEN APPROVED!!!" letters everyday and throw em away and burn em. I've actually seen people pay for pop and candy bars with a CREDIT card!
We don't take care of ourselves anymore........we are dependant on foreign countries for damn near EVERYTHING we use that includes money.............and before long we are goin to be payin rent on our own country..THAT'S what's wrong with the way America does business.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pam

P.S. I know that foreign countries already own more of our country than most people know and HAVE for a long time, it's just fixin to reach critical mass......................
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

greatguns

Are you sure it was a credit card or might it have been a debit card.

sixdogsmom

I pay for all day to day things with a credit card. Since we are so far from shopping, it is a service that not only saves me time and a lot of hassle with multiple ids etc, it is quick and easy. We pay it off at the beginning of every month; there are no charges ever to us, and I keep a cash reserve just in case.
Edie

pam

Quote from: greatguns on October 09, 2008, 03:31:25 PM
Are you sure it was a credit card or might it have been a debit card.

yeah it was a credit card, I was the cashier....came to 1.89.....can you believe it?
William Butler Yeats

Jo McDonald

We do credit cards here at the park and a lot of people use the cc  every time.  Fred and I use our cc for everything that we purchase - that way I have a receipt that shows all, just in case I need to return something - and I don't have to go through all this hull-a-bloo --"did you buy it here ??  are you sure this came from our store? yada yada yada
We pay in full every month and I like it like that.

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

No I can't believe it.  Crazy!  I wouldn't use a credit card for $1.89 for candy nor would I write a check.  If I didn't have the cash, I would just do without the candy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk