Les Wayne in the hospital

Started by Joanna, October 09, 2008, 06:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

I got a call from Wayne Barnaby yesterday and he's in the hospital in TN.  He told me he was shot twice on Sept 5th, has had 7 surgeries and is still in serious condition from infections & complications.

If you want to send him a card, the address is:
Les Barnaby  Room 1002
U. T. Hospital
1924 Alcoa Hwy
Knoxville, TN  37920

Wayne told me the story and it would make a great TV show. The few newspaper stories and blogs I found are really sketchy and some are quite scewed from what Wayne and the people who witnessed it saw; I guess that's the power of gossip. So, if you feel like looking them up, be sure to read all of it so you see the part where people who were actually there tell what happened. 
The main thing is to send your prayers for recovery and a card or two to keep his morale up during this long stay in the hospital.

Teresa

So??????????  You gonna report on the true story and tell us ..or are you going to leave us hanging only getting the gossip version.
Jeeze woman.. throw something like that out there and then go back to peeling your danged ole' pumpkins  like nothing was said.  ::)
;D

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

I knew about Wayne shortly after this happened but didn't post anything. Wayne's oldest brother Roland was my classmate for 12 years and we stay in contact. Roland called me very early one morning and he was at the Hospital and at that time they didn't think Wayne would make it, and Roland wanted me to get ahold of one of the family members that puts out information on the family, as he didn't have a number for her. My sister-in-law is a first cousin to Wayne and Roland, and I called her to get word out to the family. They removed Wayne's Spleen and and most or a big part of his intestine. The whole story is not one that I would have thought Wayne would have been involved in. I agree with Joanna, it is pretty bizzare.
Frank

Jo McDonald

Soooooooo??? Where do we go to find out all of this "stufff" that you are talking about?  Is there a web page - a news story - an item somewhere???  What  and Where?  Post this info --- please !

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

I think that the details (until it is all confirmed and verified ) need to remain off this forum. As soon as Marty or myself or Frank find out if it is okay to post it.. it will be posted in it's entirety. Not trying to be snotty about it.. but to protect Wayne's situation for awhile it is best to just say that he is recovering...and hopefully we will have more updated news later on. 

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

You're right, Teresa.  This is an ongoing investigation and it wouldn't do to hash it over until the authorities are through or the case is closed.  But that doesn't stop me from wondering.

Jo McDonald

Wayne's Mother, Doris, is Fred's biological half sister --raised as his cousin by being adopted by Fred's Father's brother Cash McDonald.
We keep Wayne in our prayers for a complete recovery.
  Jo & Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

dnalexander

Teresa I had a different comment before I read your post. I agree it should not be posted on here. I don't think you were being snotty just respectful of people in a terrible situation.

David

sixdogsmom

Any time I wonder about something, I google it. Usually you can find it somewhere in the results. Hope this helps.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk