Cabbage Recipe Ideas

Started by dnalexander, October 08, 2008, 04:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

I love cabbage but don't have many recipes. I use it raw in tacos and coleslaw. I cook it for St. Partick's day with the boiled corned beef. Any good ideas\recipes to expand my cabbage recipe file?

David

greatguns

I turn my cabbage into some wonderful kraut.

Catwoman

I usually will put potatoes (raw and cut in half) and cabbage (take out the core and quarter the head) in a non-stick skillet with old fashioned rope sausage (raw).  I then put in about 1/3 height of skillet of water and then season to taste.  I cook it all on medium to medium-low heat until the sausage is done.  By this time, the potatoes are cooked through and the cabbage is steamed to perfection.  A good old-fashioned German meal!  :laugh:  I also like to take a quarter head of cabbage and put it into the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl, seasoned to taste, buttered, with water in the bottom of the bowl and micro it until it's tender.  It tastes really good this way.

jprxmkt

ooohhhh. Nothing like boiled cabbage with just butter salt and pepper. None of my family will eat it but it's one of my favorites!! :D

Ole Granny

Steamed cabbage with nothing on it is great.  Or throw some little smokies in with it.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

sixdogsmom

Yes! Cabbage any old way! Cabbage rolls, fried cabbage, pickled cabbage, boiled cabbage, etc, etc. I am an old kraut for sure; I love cabbage!  :D :D
Edie

Teresa

I do too...but it gives me the winds.. 
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

My sister Lynn makes scalloped cabbage and it is GOOD. I don't have the recipe but I bet Mom does David.
I love hamburger and cabbage, brown hamburger and onions with salt and pepper, chop up cabbage and add it, a little water and cook it till the cabbage is done, good stuff maynard.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Quote from: Teresa on October 09, 2008, 12:14:44 AM
I do too...but it gives me the winds.. 

What's a little winds among friends, if cabbage is the culprit?  ;D ;D
Edie

flo

no, Pam, I don't have Lynn's recipe for scalloped cabbage, but maybe she'll read this and post it.  Can tell everyone that the family requests she bring this to EVERY Thanksgiving dinner.  There are three things that are required for this dinner, Scalloped Oysters, Scalloped Cabbage and Grandma Gertie's Apple Cake.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk