Obama explains why he does not salute the US Flag

Started by Jo McDonald, October 05, 2008, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

I have read this before, but it does not hurt to read it again.
   Jo

Obama explains why he doesn't salute the US Flag
                                      Obama 'explains'
                              I sure hope this gets around before Nov.!!!

On  Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:48:04 -0400, 'LTG Bill Ginn' USAF  ret. forwarded the following:
Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin,
presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama  was forced to explain why he
doesn't follow  protocol when the National Anthem is played. 

According to the United States Code, Title 36,  Chapter 10, Sec. 171, 
During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present
except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag
with the right hand over the heart. 

As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking
sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the
American flag is a symbol of oppression.  And the anthem itself conveys a
war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should 
be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song I'd
Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it..'   

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president!!
I, for once, am speechless.  He has absolutely NO pride in this country!!!!!
This is  outrageous!!!!  He doesn't deserve to be  dogcatcher!!!   
(Oh,  sorry dogcatchers, I mean you no  disrespect.)
LET'S  SEND THIS CLOWN DOWN THE ROAD KICKING  ROCKS!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

sixdogsmom

This is total crap! Check it out Jo, Check it out!
Edie

Warph

Markos Moulitsas, the founder of the completely balanced and level-headed mainstream blog, The Daily Kos, broke down in tears during a CNN interview with Moe Taller yesterday, exclaiming, "For Gods sakes, leave Barack alone!"  The dramatic moment occurred while discussing the latest scandal involving the Obuma campaign's illegal acceptance of large donations from Palestinians residing in the Gaza strip.    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=71431

Although Obuma's camp claims that the money was returned as soon as they became aware of the illegal nature of these donations, interviews with two of the donors contradict such assertions.  "We did not receive any money back," said Monir Edwan, reaching for his AK 47 automatic rifle.

Moulitsas went on to claim that the scandal was a setup designed to "make Obuma look bad," just like the earlier allegation concerning Obuma's "stinky feet" was a right-wing plot to make Obuma smell bad - all tricks from the same dirty Republican playbook.

"How dare anyone out there make fun of Barry Hussein Obuma after all he's been through?  This is total crap!  Check it out, Check it out, Moe!  He's a HUMAN BEING.... not some anti-christ creature from hell!!" Markos wailed as he wiped what seemed to be mascara from his butt.... er, sorry.... eyes.

"The snoring that Michelle Obuma hears, we have reason to suspect that this is a recording piped into the bedroom," Moulitsas said, curling his lip.  "We had our former Homeland Security expert analyze a tape of the snoring and we believe that voice data will prove that this is actually the snoring of Karl Rove."

During a commercial break Moulitsas was given a warm towel, a milk enema and led away in a big silky robe.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Catwoman

All joking aside...I agree that Barry needs to be checked out...thoroughly.  There seems to be a heck of a lot of stuff out there, that the mainstream media is trying to push under the rug and/or totally ignore.  His associations with people who are definently anti-American are enough to make me look twice.  And, if we're going to give equal time to the issue of McCain's being a part of the 'Keating 5', at least we know that he has been identified and is known from the get-go.  Why all the subtrafuge going on by the media and everyone surrounding Obama?

Jo McDonald

CNN reported this morning that the Obama campaign has received over $400,000.00 donations and some may have come from countries that are NOT our allies.  They may be declared illegal and will have to be returned.  McCain had $100,000.00 in donation that were over the amount allowed from each donor,and it has been returned.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

If both parties haven't thoroughly investigated all the ugly rumors by now, then shame on them all. If any of them are engaging in financial hanky panky it should be stopped immediately.

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 05, 2008, 09:14:16 PM
This is total crap! Check it out Jo, Check it out!
No its not.  Obama didn't wear the pin, and dissed the national anthem.  Sorry but facts is facts.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sixdogsmom

Yes, facts is facts, and that posting is crap! Totally! Check it out!
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 06, 2008, 05:29:40 PM
Yes, facts is facts, and that posting is crap! Totally! Check it out!

§171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

* (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
    * (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
    * (c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
    * (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
    * (e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
    * (f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
    * (g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
    * (h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
    * (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
    * (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
    * (k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Catwoman

And, isn't there a rule about when the American flag is flown with another nation's flag here on our soil?  Doesn't the American flag fly in the top or first spot?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk