THANK YOU!!!!

Started by oldmom, October 03, 2008, 03:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmom

Hi!  Just a BIG THANK YOU to some very caring and wonderful people.

My name is Effie Elder Winn - Jerry Elder's youngest.  For the last year, I've been working on getting a mobile home moved in for my brother's (Ron and Tom) moved in and hooked up so they could have a "better" place to live as the old farm house has "had it"!

This is a big thank you to all that have helped :

Dean Ward
HARROD'S (Mary, you and Jerry are the BEST!)
PEP Electric ( Sorry about all the "jerry-rigging"!) (and I say that very loving toward's Dad!)
Tri-Star Propane

This is just to namea few-------

It really warms my heart to know there are still people out there who care!  We have had our share of people trying to take advantage of Ron and Tom because of the situation.  My goal is to let them live on the farm as long as they are able as that is the only home they remember.

There are some on this forum that I know and that have alway's been wonderful to my family - Flo, Dad always enjoyed talking to you at the feed store!  I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.  Thanks also for just treating Ron and Tom as "normal" people, they think the world of all of you too!

pepelect

I am still amazed that it still worked.   It should not have worked the way it was hooked up.  Engineering marvel of barbwire, baling wire, and duct tape.  Did you notice we hung a new skull on the electric pole?

If you need anything ...

Like  an air  conditioner hookup.   just call

Is it tomorrow yet? 

Ron and Tom are normal people.

If you have a problem with anyone treating them any differently just let me know.  I'm employing half of Piedmont, we know people.   

oldmom

Half??  The way I counted I believe it was at least 3/4's!!! LOL.

Loved the skull!

I will be out there tomorrow w/cousins that help me out - yes, I will need the air hooked up - not moving them in until next week and have a friend coming out tomorrow to finish the plumbing so sometime next week would be fine.  Just let me know so I can have them put the crazy dog in her pen!

Thanks so much again!

And I'm enjoying the "School Changes" section.  Good valid points you are making.  I'll have to post what we are doing here in Bluestem Country!

greatguns

Tom and Ron are two of the most friendly and polite people I have met.  Maybe I'm working the wrong place as I'm in the half that dosen't work for you.  What do you pay Pep?  Or do you just rule ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

flo

Effie, your folks and us go back a lot of years.  Lewis and your Dad were very good friends of many years.  I remember you as a new born and got to know Tom and Donna when I worked at the school.  Didn't have that much contact with Ron except at the co-op.  They were all a big help to your Dad.  Haven't seen Donna since the day of your father's service but had a nice visit with her then. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

pepelect

WHO said anything about pay.  I said work...  Would probably work out an ice-cream deal of some kind if I was so inclined.

Jo McDonald

PEP  you're a keeper.

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

an ice-cream deal doesn't sound too bad.  I should be able to keep Uncle Sam from making me pay income tax on it.

frawin

Effie, I haven't been on the forum much lately.  I remember you as a little girl coming in to the bank with your Mom and the rest of your family.  I lived neighbors to you grandparents and then later neighbors to your Dad & Mom.  I went to school with your Dad and also went to school with your cousin Bobby.  Welcome to the forum.
Myrna
P.S. that was a nice comment about Mary and Jerry.  Thanks.

oldmom

Myrna,

Thanks so much.  Your mom is one of the nicest people I had the pleasure of growing up around.  It is so good to see her!  Also, as to those persimmon reciepes, let her know we have a tree LOADED at the farm and all she has to do is let Ron and Tom know, they will pick ALL she wants.  Ask Ron and Tom, they will tell you "Irene makes the BEST COOKIES!!!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk