Goodnews to start the day

Started by Clubine Ranch, October 02, 2008, 08:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clubine Ranch

Just heard that at the Moline City Council gave the Moline Library Board the go ahead on the addition to the city library.  I think that is really good news for our little town. Know a lot of people have been working hard to see this come to be. We have a very nice library now and a very good librarian who takes great pride in seeing the window has neat and timely displays plus the shelf display that others contribute to from time to time. High speed internet access and computers are there for your use.  If you haven't been in you must stop in, visit, check out a book or see what all they have to offer. I for one am thrilled we will improve upon what is already good and keep it strong and going.

Teresa

Excellent news... Our little towns need these things even if it is on a smaller scale...
Thanks for sharing Barbara..and ( you are doing a fine job posting).. just like a pro..  ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

Does the Moline library take donations of books?  I often donate books, mostly fiction I have read to the library here.  I would be happy to hang on to them and donate them to the library there, if anyone is interested.

Catwoman

The Moline Library takes donations.  All you have to do is put them into the mail, addressed to The Moline Library, Moline, KS...and it'll get there.  That's one of the things about rural life...you don't have to have a huge address to get it to where it needs to be!  :laugh:

Teresa

I have some hardback books I was going to take the the Goodwill. Would Moline want them?

sixdogsmom

The last I knew, Moline library has a sales shelf where they sell excess items and use the funds for the library. They could probably use them for that if not for the shelves.  ;)
Edie

Wilma

Books?  Did you say books?  If the Moline library doesn't want them, you could drop them off here.  After I go through them, they could go with our stuff to the DAV where we take our stuff.

Mom70x7

Why, Wilma - do you have any books?  ;D   ;D   ;D

Teresa

Why don't you give all the books that you are going to give to the DAV to Moline so you can help out the  locals?  :)
do I deliver my books to the Library and what hours are they open? ?

sixdogsmom

I saw today that the Moline Library is going to have a book sale on Nov4, election day. So come and browse, and help with the library expansion project! I expect that donations will be appreciated also, (books or money)! And don't forget to vote!  ;D ;D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk