Obama Misleads on $250,000 Tax Claim

Started by frawin, September 27, 2008, 04:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I think if Obama is elected , he and the Democrat controlled Congress will raise taxes on alot lower income levels than even the $200,000.00 a year level. The biggest detriment to improving our economy is to raise taxes and reduce investment in a recovery.

Fact Check: Obama Misleads on $250,000 Tax Claim

Share September 26, 2008 10:14 PM

ABC News' Teddy Davis and Nitya Venkataraman Report: During Friday's presidential debate, Sen. Barack Obama provided a loose interpretation of his tax plan, saying that those making less than $250,000 a year "will not see one dime's worth of tax increase."

It's not entirely true.

Obama has called for higher taxes on income, capital gains and dividends for individuals making $200,000 per year; his tax plan imposes higher taxes on couples starting at $250,000 a year.

sixdogsmom

What! Are you worried Frank?  >:( >:( I pay my share, why not you and all the other folks who are at the top of the food chain.
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 27, 2008, 09:01:50 AM
What! Are you worried Frank?  >:( >:( I pay my share, why not you and all the other folks who are at the top of the food chain.

Uhm haven't you heard?  Those at the top of the food chain, that top 5% of the producers pay more than 50% of the tax.  IF you want fair, then they should be paying 5% of the tax.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk