Book by Joanne Clevenger

Started by Rudy Taylor, September 25, 2008, 09:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

Our forum friend, Jody, hopes to attend the Elk River Festival on Saturday and will bring copies of a new book which she co-authored with  Michael Lane from Minnesota. I think all of you will enjoy reading the book which tells about her mother working at the Howard Courtant for many years. There is a story in this week's Prairie Star about the book.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

It's title is Something About Sofy Daniels The Courant Printer Girl.  I am going to spend money and get one, so I hope that Joanne does make it to the festival.

W. Gray

Thanks Janet.

My mom will be getting a copy for me.

Looking forward to reading something about life at the Courant.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Rudy Taylor

It's a sweet story. You'll love it.

Jody

You can get a copy at The Crooked Creek Gift SHOP IN  Moline.

Jody

If you would like to order  one of my books, I can mail you a copy!
This will make a great gift for anyone who has a HOWARD CONNECTION

Something About Sofy Daniels

Soft cover$8.00 plus $1.50  postage 
Total  $9.50

Hard cover, $15.00 plus $2.20--
Total $17.50

Mail to:

Joanne Clevenger
228 N Robin Rd.
Wichita, Kansas 67212

Telephone 316-722-5259

Teresa

THANK YOU very much for my copy of your book Joanne. I can't wait to set down on the couch with a hot cup of tea..tuck my legs under me and enjoy a book that I know by thumbing through the pages ..is going to be one that I'll thoroughly enjoy reading.
Thanks so much again.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Rudy Taylor

I'm jealous because I can't tuck my legs under me any longer.  Must be nice to be young and skinny. Lucky Teresa. ;D

Teresa

young and skinny?

Wow.. what eye doctor are YOU going to?
Whoever it is, is giving you the shaft.
Young would be absolutely wonderful.. skinny would be the ultimate.. Neither of which I enjoy being.. hahahahaha

(((Thanks for the complimentary lie Rudy.. You know how to make a girl smile.. )))
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk