So why ain't anybody talkin about the bailout?

Started by pam, September 24, 2008, 08:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Give ol Hank and George 700 billion dollars to play with, don't make em answer for what they do with it. They won't screw ya, Honest!
I'll just be over here tryin to pull my families 10,000 dollar share out of my ass :P Oh, and by the way Hank, next time I get my butt in a sling I'll expect you to return the favor... K?
Oh and I want my husband to be able to keep a sweet severance package since he's the actin CEO! Maybe throw in a bonus just because.....
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

Welcome back, Pam, and I fully agree with your post -
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

Personally, I'm not talking because I've been listening...to everyone of any party who has been talking on TV and trying to figure out what is going to happen. It's a little over my head. Frankly, nobody knows if it will work even if they were to pass it today. The ramifications of all this are very wide and very deep.  I'm going to watch more of the hearings while I make cookies.

pam

I hear you Diane, I've been watchin most of my tv viewin time lately. There are a lot of ramifications........think they need to slow down and get out of panic mode myself. It didn't happen overnight and it ain't gonna go away overnite.

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Diane, my sentiments exactly, I don't think anyone knows enough to talk about it. In my opinion the high cost of energy is the main culprit that along with sending all of our jobs overseas and creating a trade deficit that is staggering has caused the housing crisis and the mess we are in. Pointing fingers isn't the answer now, the answer is trying to dig out of it and that won't be easy. Unfortunately I don't think we have seen the worst of the energy crisis, and it will take along time and lots of capital and research to solve that problem.

pam

The culprit is buildin a whole sector of the economy on money that didn't exist. Too much credit and not enough hard assets under it , livin beyond the means. Greed in other words.

Yeah, we'll dig out of it. Cause THAT'S what we do. People who lived WITHIN their means, save their money instead of gamblin with it. We'll ALL dig out of it.

William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

William Butler Yeats

Lookatmeknow!!

I truly don't think they know what to do!!!  But you are right, they are in PANIC mode!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

flo

Quote from: Teresa on September 24, 2008, 12:44:47 PM
:'(
But I really like gambling Pam...

me too, but I use my own money and if I don't have it, I don't gamble.  (been a long long time since I done any gambling  :-\ ) ::) ::) just had a thought, should I go gambling and over-extend my resources, you reckon the government would bail me out? 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk