How Do You Feel About Snakes????

Started by Wilma, September 20, 2008, 10:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Smith

Quote from: Mom70x7 on September 29, 2008, 04:23:29 PM
Beautiful !

How often do you "play" with him?

Well, if he had his choice, it would be every day when I come home from work.  But, he can't be held for at least 24 hours after eating, so it's usually only 4 or 5 times a week that I will take him out.  He loves to come out, but often does not want to go back in.... he makes me feel guilty if I try to put him away too soon.

Dee Gee

That is a very good looking Boa, has he just recently shed his skin or is he that brightly colored all the time?
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Dale Smith

Quote from: Dee Gee on September 29, 2008, 05:41:03 PM
That is a very good looking Boa, has he just recently shed his skin or is he that brightly colored all the time?

Dale, that's his normal colorings.  He is probably due in another week or so to shed, so he might be a bit on the dull side at the moment.

Diane Amberg

Dat dere is a purty snake dat is. I dare you to rub mouse on your fingers and then pet his head. ;D ;D ;D

Dale Smith

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 29, 2008, 06:39:49 PM
Dat dere is a purty snake dat is. I dare you to rub mouse on your fingers and then pet his head. ;D ;D ;D

Diane, next time you pass through Georgia, stop by for a visit... I'll let you pet one or two of my rats, and then you can reach in and pet Beau.   ;)

Diane Amberg

OK, I'll take you up on that. :laugh: I have a family member, Dan Lyle, who lives in Rockville Maryland, who is also an enthusiastic creature keeper. He has all manner of snakes and things in fancy habitats. He doesn't send regular Christmas cards, he sends cute drawings of his critters doing holiday things.

jprxmkt

Quote from: Dale Smith on September 29, 2008, 04:28:08 PM
[  He loves to come out, but often does not want to go back in.... he makes me feel guilty if I try to put him away too soon.

Not being a snake lover, how can you tell if he likes being out with you? Why can't you hold them for 24 hours after eating and do your pet rats enjoy it when you take him out? :D

Dale Smith

Quote from: jprxmkt on October 01, 2008, 07:15:24 AM
Quote from: Dale Smith on September 29, 2008, 04:28:08 PM
[  He loves to come out, but often does not want to go back in.... he makes me feel guilty if I try to put him away too soon.

Not being a snake lover, how can you tell if he likes being out with you? Why can't you hold them for 24 hours after eating and do your pet rats enjoy it when you take him out? :D

I can tell that he doesn't want to go back into his tank when he wraps himself tightly around my arm and holds on. Then, once I have him unwound and back in his tank, he does his best to come back out.  If I do open the top of the tank, he will crawl out, and up my arm and go back to his position around my neck. (his favorite... other than the top of my head, but he's too big to sit up there now.) 

If you hold him within 24 hours of eating, it's highly likely that his food will come back up... and it's NOT a pretty sight.

None of my other pets associate too much with each other, or rather the different kinds don't.  I have four pet rats that live on the third floor of my house, in several cages. Two of those rats are hairless rats.  That's quite the sight if you have not seen a hairless rat.   Beau, my snake, has his tank in my office.  I also have two cats that have general roam of the house, but they pay no attention to either the snake or the rats. 

Teresa

I hate rats.. Literally. They make my skin take off on its own.. ( I raised and love Hamsters though.. go figure  ::))

but I will try to be a big girl and be brave..cause I want you to take pictures of them and post them. please. I have never seen a no hair rat.. ((shuddering)) ..but I don't want to go through life not being in the know..  ;D :D ;D :D  so please?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

LShortt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk