How Do You Feel About Snakes????

Started by Wilma, September 20, 2008, 10:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Smith

Quote from: Wilma on September 28, 2008, 07:29:24 AM
He's supposed to be posting a picture of the snake but I haven't seen it yet.  Where is it, Dale?

I haven't gotten around to getting someone to take a picture of me holding him.  You'd think it wouldn't be so difficult, but funny thing, most of my neighbors shy away when he's out in the yard.

Wilma

gmaof3

Yes, they claim snakes won't hurt ya, but I will hurt myself trying to get away from them.  And incidently Dale, no offense, but if I were your neighbor I would not be shying away, I would be packing up and moving!!!  LOL

Dale Smith

I have no idea how to add a picture to this post, but let's see if I can give it a shot.  If I mess up, my apologies:

If this works, here are a couple of pictures of my snake, Beau.

Wilma

He is a beautiful snake.  Can he crawl faster than I can run?

Dale Smith

Quote from: Wilma on September 29, 2008, 03:08:28 PM
He is a beautiful snake.  Can he crawl faster than I can run?

LOL... no, his natural inclination is to simply hide.  He spends almost ALL of his time inside his hide box, in his tank.  Dumeril's Boa Constrictors are very docile.  It wouldn't even cross his mind to bite, unless you happened to try to take food away from him, which in that case, it wouldn't really be his fault.  LOL

Oh, and thank you, I appreciate your compliment.  I think he is very beautiful as well.   :)

Catwoman

Uhm...not to be the voice of doom and gloom, but what do you do with him once he's too ginormous to keep?  Do you donate him to a zoo?

Dale Smith

Quote from: Catwoman on September 29, 2008, 03:16:52 PM
Uhm...not to be the voice of doom and gloom, but what do you do with him once he's too ginormous to keep?  Do you donate him to a zoo?

Nope, no worries... he's full grown.  I've had him for five years now.  He won't grow anymore.  He and I will be together until one of us is gone.   ;)

Teresa

Great job with the pictures Dale...and he is a cool pet.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mom70x7

Beautiful !

How often do you "play" with him?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk