Biden Stepping Down from the Ticket?

Started by Teresa, September 19, 2008, 10:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Just got this awhile ago...   I have not had time to check it out and I probably won't have time today as my day just got very busy with 2 more massages scheduled..
But this is is just cyber gossip.. Does anyone know or has heard anything about this?

Biden Stepping Down from the Ticket?

This is unconfirmed but it would not be a surprising move?

This is the most recent unconfirmed report/rumor I have received about Biden stepping down from the ticket, and the first I've circulated. It's crystal clear that Biden is a liability to the Democratic ticket, and Hillary would bring scorned radical feminists back into the Democratic fold. (I'd wager that Hillary & Co. would not vote for an Obama/Biden ticket,  allowing McCain to win so Hillary can run on her own in 2012.)

The question would then be, if Hillary becomes the Democratic VP nominee, and Obama/Clinton win, does Obama suspect her plan to run against him in the 2012 Democratic primary?

Let me share some info with you that I have gotten from excellent sources within the DNC:
On or about October 5th, Biden will excuse himself from the ticket, citing health problems, and he will be replaced by Hillary.  This is timed to occur after the VP debate on 10/2.
There have been talks all weekend about how to proceed with this info.   Generally, the feeling is that we should all go ahead and get it out there to as many blog sites and personal email lists as is possible.  I have already seen a few short blurbs about this - the 'health problem' cited in those articles was an aneurysm.  Probably many of you have heard the same rumblings.
However, at this point, with this inside info from the DNC, it looks like this Obama strategy will be a go.  Therefore, it seems that the best strategy is to get out in front of this Obama maneuver,  spell it out in detail, and thereby expose it for the grand manipulation that it is.   
So, let's start mixing this one up and cut the Obamites off at the pass - send this info out to as many people as you can - post  it on websites and blogs - etc etc

Lastly, I have put an excerpt from Rudy Giuliani's speech at the 2008 RNC below - it seems to address this very issue:

'Well, I'll tell you, if I were Joe Biden, I'd want to get that VEEP thing in writing!!! ' (How Prophetic)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

Why would this be a surprise?  This would be Obama pulling the same thing with his VP as he has done with everything else he's been saying/doing...if it doesn't help him to win the Presidency, he gets rid of it...example:  Rev. Wright.  Even though he's been 'faithful' to it for the better part of 20 years.  That's what you can expect more of out of him, should he become El Presidente.

Warph

According to Snopes this email is "Undetermined"  http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/vpchange.asp

What started all of this:

This from the Chicago Suntimes: http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/1157514,CST-NWS-biden11.article

September 11, 2008

BOSTON -- Joe Biden said Wednesday that Hillary Clinton might have been a better choice for the Democratic ticket.

Biden was defending Clinton after a questioner at a fund-raiser said he was glad she wasn't selected as Barack Obama's running mate.

''Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States,'' Biden said. ''She is qualified to be president of the United States of America. She is easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, might've been a better pick than me.''

Clinton lost to Obama in the party primary and some of her backers have resisted embracing Obama. AP

Obuma was foolish not putting her on the ticket in the first place.  I know she wants to run in 2012 and if she's on the ticket with Obuma now and wins, that all goes out the window.   So I think the email is bogus but.... stranger things have happened... like I think she is pulling for McCain/Palin so she CAN run in 2012.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

same email was cirulated around on dick cheny years ago. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk