MC NEE, Jessie Mae (Walker) - b. January 9, 1917 - d. September 18. 2008

Started by patyrn, September 19, 2008, 09:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Jessie Mae (Walker) McNee, age 91 of Moline, Kansas, passed away Thursday, September 18, 2008 at the Sedan City Hospital in Sedan, Kansas.  Jessie was born on January 9. 1917 in Dalhart Texas, the daughter of William and Lillie Belle (McCurdy) Walker.

On November 15, 1935, Jessie was united in marriage to Nile Kenneth McNee in Chickasha, Oklahoma, and to this union was born a son, Dennis Ray.  They began their lives together on a farm near Guymon, Oklahoma.  Four years later they purchased a farm at Eva, Oklahoma where they lived for twenty four years.  In October of 1965, the McNees moved to their ranch near Moline, Kansas.  They continued working together on the farm until Nile's death on August 7, 1992.

Jessie was a member of the Moline Baptist Church.  She enjoyed sewing, making several clothes for her granddaughters.  She also enjoyed cooking, gardening, and helping out her daughter-in-law Marilyn at The Bread Factory.

Jesse is survived by her son Dennis McNee and his wife Marilyn of Moline, Kansas; one sister, Rosalie Bush and her husband Kenneth of Chickasha, Oklahoma; two granddaughters, Tisha Osburn and her husband James and Chrissy Nordell and her husband Jasen; five great-grandchildren, Nile Osburn, Danny Osburn, Rebekah Osburn, Augusta Nordell, and Connor Nordell.  She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband Nile; two brothers, Charles Walker and James Walker; one sister, Nora Reed; a half-brother, Roy Walker; and a half-sister, Edythe Davidson.

Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, September 22, 2008 at the Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas with Rev. Henry Long officiating.  Visitation will be held from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday with family receiving friends from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the funeral home.  Interment will be at the Moline Cemetery.  Familyl suggests contributions to the Moline Public Library and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Catwoman

I was surprised and saddened by this news.  I knew Jessie when I was in Moline...she was quite the lady! :-)  One of the last of a dying breed.  I hope that Marilyn, Dennis and the girls are doing OK?  They will definently miss her.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk