Sarah Palin & Fashion

Started by sixdogsmom, September 18, 2008, 04:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

September 17, 2008 --

HOCKEY mom Sarah Palin not only wore lipstick to the Republican National Convention, the vice-presidential candidate wore a shantung silk Valentino jacket worth $2,500.

Insiders tell Page Six Palin has a secretive circle of stylists who dress her for events. For her big speech in St. Paul, where she accepted the GOP's vice-presidential nod, this fashion-conscious team encouraged the Alaska governor to splurge on a $2,500 jacket from Saks Fifth Avenue designed by Valentino Garavani.

Palin, shunning the pantsuits favored by Hillary Clinton, wore the top during her first big speech, where she told McCain's delegates: "I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better."

But she's springing for designer labels. One source familiar with Palin's primping posse told us, "They do not want the American public to know that Palin is using stylists or that she is paying for expensive clothes this early on in the campaign."

We spoke to someone on Palin's styling team, who told us, "I did a little bit of personal styling, but I can't discuss anything I've done with Sarah Palin. I'm not sure which designs she wore . . . anything related to working with her is confidential."

Presidential nominee John McCain's wife, Cindy, recently took some heat after Vanity Fair itemized the cost of her wardrobe during her RNC speech with Laura Bush to a whopping $300,000 worth of designer wear and diamonds.

A representative for Valentino confirmed Palin wore one of his designs during her convention speech, but said she did not buy it from a Valentino store. Palin's reps had no comment.

Click here for complete FASHION WEEK SPRING '09 coverage

next item >
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 18, 2008, 04:40:04 PM
September 17, 2008 --

HOCKEY mom Sarah Palin not only wore lipstick to the Republican National Convention, the vice-presidential candidate wore a shantung silk Valentino jacket worth $2,500.

Insiders tell Page Six Palin has a secretive circle of stylists who dress her for events. For her big speech in St. Paul, where she accepted the GOP's vice-presidential nod, this fashion-conscious team encouraged the Alaska governor to splurge on a $2,500 jacket from Saks Fifth Avenue designed by Valentino Garavani.

Palin, shunning the pantsuits favored by Hillary Clinton, wore the top during her first big speech, where she told McCain's delegates: "I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better."

But she's springing for designer labels. One source familiar with Palin's primping posse told us, "They do not want the American public to know that Palin is using stylists or that she is paying for expensive clothes this early on in the campaign."

We spoke to someone on Palin's styling team, who told us, "I did a little bit of personal styling, but I can't discuss anything I've done with Sarah Palin. I'm not sure which designs she wore . . . anything related to working with her is confidential."

Presidential nominee John McCain's wife, Cindy, recently took some heat after Vanity Fair itemized the cost of her wardrobe during her RNC speech with Laura Bush to a whopping $300,000 worth of designer wear and diamonds.

A representative for Valentino confirmed Palin wore one of his designs during her convention speech, but said she did not buy it from a Valentino store. Palin's reps had no comment.

next item >
Kool she has a heck of a lot better taste than hillary did with that orange prison suit she wore at obamas concert.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sixdogsmom

Not many hockey moms that I know can afford to shop Saks, and many cannot afford Walmart either. I wonder what she thought when she found out the designer is gay?
Edie

Catwoman

Fashion week influences vs. real world concerns...Hmmmmmm.  At least Palin has the sense to array herself in wearing apparel that is both modest and appealing...as if what she's wearing has any bearing on anything that matters.  Man, some of these news people need to get a life.

Wilma

What does Joe Biden pay for the suits he wears?  We need to know all of it.  It might have some bearing on how good a VP he might make.  (tongue in cheek here)

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on September 18, 2008, 08:13:27 PM
What does Joe Biden pay for the suits he wears?  We need to know all of it.  It might have some bearing on how good a VP he might make.  (tongue in cheek here)

Well now that you bring that up, I used to work jobs where i had to wear suits n ties.  I know that if i came in
to work in a cheap suit, i would be overlooked for projects or raises.  SO i bought suits that were good suits.
I think i spent like 400 -800 dollars on my suits and i had 3 of them. My ties, i spent 45 bucks per tie and
all were silk.  SHirts i spent 20 - 40 dollars a shirt and they were either cotton or silk. I wore silk for
special company events.  cotton for work.
Shoes cost me like 100 -150 bucks. 
You want to play with the big dogs you have to dress the part.  So i have NO problem with Sarah spending whatever
money she deems it necessary to look her best.  So what if she spent 2500 bucks. its her money isn't it?
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Roma Jean Turner

I agree.  It never occured to me that she wouldn't have peop;e working on image and clothes at this level.  What I find interesting is, that some women I know, talked about her tacky polyester, evidently assuming it was, but we find it wasn't.  I just think women are being very catty about how she dresses and looks.  I think when women start attacking each other over hair style and clothes and calling other women white trash, it makes our sex seem petty and small.  God knows we have enough to battle about on the issues.

greatguns

I truely do not believe you have to spend the kind of money you're talking about to dress professionally.  If you are good at your profession it certainlly seems to help.  Of course I have never had a $30 million a year job. Your personal appearance is kind of like your house and yard.  Just keep them clean and neat.

ELK@KC

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 18, 2008, 04:40:04 PM
September 17, 2008 --

next item >

I am amazed at the depths of trash the democrats are going to . Jackie Kennedy probably wore more expensive clothes that any of these ladies.

Diane Amberg

Actually I can answer the question about Joe Biden's suits. He buys most of them at the Jos .A. Banks store in Greenville DE. They are good classic clothes but not outrageously expensive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk