The Thread To.. "Nowhere??"

Started by frawin, September 05, 2008, 11:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

You have to get up so early.  Then deal with all the traffic.   The coffee is never decaf.   They don't even have a espresso machine.                            Wait I forgot where I was for a minute.......Coffee is at ten.  Even Tobina is up by then.

Judy Harder

Where is the coffee pot?

I have thought about driving to Howard one day and maybe making plans for as many of us to get together as possible......not sure where yet. It won't be soon, as I have several matters I need to take care of this month.
Maybe if all is well when Howard has the street fair I can come up......will see.

Here in Longton, the day starts at 8 at the cafe.

I don't always get up there as mornings are tough on my body (also I am busy posting on here and you would all have to wait till I got home to read the updates)

I do try to get to cafe around 11:30 or so and visit with the noon crowd that comes in.

For local gossip it has to be the morning crowd.....and on Saturday mornings it is a slightly different crowd of people.

All are welcome and if a newbie,........ you will be talked about, meaning someone will look at someone else and say, "Who is that" and if the person is known will be greated by name.........you will get a "Good morning"

This is a very good place to BLOW ones morning.  LOL. I mean the Forum, not the cafe..........altho that isn't a bad place to spend time.........LOL.
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Tobina+1

Quote from: pepelect on September 09, 2008, 09:22:54 PM
.......Coffee is at ten.  Even Tobina is up by then.
Yeah, that's why I can only "dream" of starting up a coffee shop.  Zzzzz.  I'd definately have to put "9-ish" on my hours sign.  AND we'd serve Grape Nuts, but they'd be called "Stickers" on the menu!  ;-)

frawin

Tobina, I think you should get with Post Cereal Company and suggest they name them "STICKERS" or do an ad campaign on it, I think it would boost their sales big time. I had never heard them called Stickers until you did. They are a little like Sand Burrs.
Frank

pepelect

The sign on the highway says that Toots is open at 6.   But if the light is one the coffee is hot.  Most generally get there by 4:30 - 5 for the first shift.  They get the undisturbed newsprint.   The second shift starts a little later around 5:45-6 usually the workers that start at 7 they get a shuffled paper and maybe a little gossip by then.  The third wave comes in while the students are cautiously driving to school.

I have eaten breakfast in every town within 100 miles of here and I would have to put Louise's up against anything.  I may not be good at a lot of things but I know my vittles.  She puts a scald on a mean piece of ham.   Eggs that are just fluffy enough to satiate the most carefull denture wearer.  But the piece de resistance is the way she perfectly browns the hashbrowns.  Not too burnt but not too raw.   You should also check out the basket o' hot sauces.  It grows as to be as diverse as the clientel.

TOOTS RULZ

Still think this is a stupid thread.

dnalexander

I agree Pep, the true test of a good breakfast spot is the perfectly crisp, browned hashbrowns made from fresh potato. Peppers, onion, cheese to taste.

David

Teresa

I posted at the first of this thread.. but some won't see it.. so I am splitting  "What happened to the forum"...To this  thread.

Should have called it ....... Eating Stickers!!   ;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

dnalexander

Teresa the Thread to Nowhere is a brilliant title. When ever we get off topic anywhere just cut and past it to the end of this thread. How long would it take us to notice that it was a collection of all our off topic posts and not one continuous coherent thread. :laugh: I promise to try and curtail my off topic posts so we don't put you through this drudgery. I swear it would become the funniest best reading on the forum. it should be a "sticky" at the top of the forum.

David

Judy Harder

it should be a "sticky" at the top of the forum.Did someone say "Sticky"?
I think that sounds like a gooey sweet roll.......and maybe would jam up the computer keys........in my case it would
bring on the ants........

I like the Thread to Nowhere.........after all most of us are here and really understand the point.

Oh, pass the namkins  ( meant napkins, but that sounded good so I will leave it) and I need a refill on my coffee.

Hugs, Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Tobina+1

Finally, a place for us "Radomites" to hang out! 
Where I grew up, stickers and sand burrs were 2 different types of pains in the foot.  Sand burrs are the fuzzy ones that get caught in your shoelaces.  Stickers have larger burs on them and they tend to break off within the foot... causing great pain and tears as your mom digs around with a pin to get it out.  Grape Nuts look more like the stickers to me.  Until they sit in milk long enough and swell up.  It takes me a long time to get through a box of Grape Nuts; you don't have to eat very many at a time!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk