nit-picky

Started by flo, September 10, 2008, 02:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I'm sure most of you watched the speech that Mrs. Obama made at the national convention.  I have seen her many times sense on TV at first one occasion then another.  I'm thinking that according to her choice of "dress style" she is trying to be another Jacquie Kennedy.  Sorry, Mrs. Obama, you'll never be able to come close to competing with her style and grace.  How many noticed her  BEING ON TV, AT A NATIONAL CONVENTION, WITH YOUR BRA STRAPS SHOWING? nit-picky of me, yes, tacky of her, yes yes yes.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Flo, I am glad you posted that, if I had you would have eaten me alive, and put the go flo curse on me. We may have to have that cup of coffee yet.

dnalexander

I usually don't mention nit-picky comments about fashion. As a kid I had the 60's 70's long hair and sloppy jeans army jacked. I look back at old pictures and can't believe some of the stuff we wore. Platform shoes, tight Quianna silky shirts, puka shells. And at the risk of sounding like my father I have to say all this bra strap hanging out on purpose stuff is just such a terrible look. Girls hide your bra straps you will be embarrassed by those pictures when you are 40. Nit picky yes correct get back to me in 25 years.

David   

pam

LOL! Look at it this way at least she was WEARIN a bra LOL.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

David, yes, some of our "fashions" of the past were quite tacky and "in-style", but we weren't trying to be the first lady of this country, the one who wants to walk on the arm of the President and try to represent this country as First Lady.  Rest assured we may have worn the "fashions" of the day,  but by damn, when we dressed up, we made sure we looked presentable and put our best foot forward as I'm sure you did.  This was just plain trying to be someone she isn't and sorry, who ever dressed her should have caught that before she went on national television. Yes, Pam, you're right, at least she was wearing one, but a turquoise dress and white bra straps don't go together.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

Quote from: flo on September 10, 2008, 02:13:44 PM
I'm sure most of you watched the speech that Mrs. Obama made at the national convention.  I have seen her many times sense on TV at first one occasion then another.  I'm thinking that according to her choice of "dress style" she is trying to be another Jacquie Kennedy.  Sorry, Mrs. Obama, you'll never be able to come close to competing with her style and grace.  How many noticed her  BEING ON TV, AT A NATIONAL CONVENTION, WITH YOUR BRA STRAPS SHOWING? nit-picky of me, yes, tacky of her, yes yes yes.
I SO AGREE WITH YOU.  She is no Mrs. JFK-Onassis.  She is trying desperately to ride those coattails but is doing a lousy job at it.

dnalexander

Speaking of how classy Jackie Kennedy was in her day. I don't know all the details of how or why this happened but here is the story. My mom sent a birth announcement to the White House when I was born in January 1961. She received a personally signed card on fancy White House embossed card stock from President Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy. It is in my baby book.

David

srkruzich

Quote from: dnalexander on September 10, 2008, 06:43:31 PM
Speaking of how classy Jackie Kennedy was in her day. I don't know all the details of how or why this happened but here is the story. My mom sent a birth announcement to the White House when I was born in January 1961. She received a personally signed card on fancy White House embossed card stock from President Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy. It is in my baby book.

David

Well gee your 1 month older than me. LOL I was born in feb of 61.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

W. Gray

The White House had, and still has, an office set up to send greetings to the parents of newborn children.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Lookatmeknow!!

I personally didn't watch the conventions, I am so tired of the whole thing.  But back to what Flo said, I agree with Pam on this one, at least she was wearing a bra.  I personally get tired of the higher, richer than me attitude.  Do you know what I think?  I think that there are many people in this world that are much more ready to lead this country than what we have to chose from.  We need some one that doesn't have the riches banks in America, someone who doesn't struggle from month to month.  And there wife could probably cook, speak, and make appearances ten times better than the first ladies that we have to chose from.  That is just my opinion. ;D
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk