Independant national convention on CNN

Started by pam, September 09, 2008, 07:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Just out of curiosity has anybody been watchin it and what do you think?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Yes, I have been watching it, interesting to say the least. Too bad the others could not have included such folks as T.Boone Pickens.
Edie

Roma Jean Turner

I guess I have missed it, I didn't even know about it.  One  I would have actually liked to see.

pam

It has been interestin. It's not THE official convention, it's basically an independant review of the major candidates views on the issues that matter. A FACT finding review with no bias one way or the other. They are presentin both sides without all the namecallin and hysteria lol.

Personally, I still think Mrs. McCain is a better option than any of the others :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Roma Jean Turner

Yes, I was so impressed with the work that she has been engaged in for years. I believe she has often been portrayed as a pretty face with a rich daddy.  The video at the convention really showed how she has taken what she inherited,  kept on going with it and done a lot of admirable work for others as well.

pam

Yep, you're right. That's how she was portrayed at the start of the campaign, which is ate up. I'm glad I learned more about her.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

I didn't watch it, but Al did and found it very interesting. He too enjoyed what T. Boone Pickens had to say.

pam

Pickens makes a lot of sense and sounds like it would work! He's willin to put his own cash on the line for it too, that says somethin.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 09, 2008, 11:15:07 PM
Yes, I have been watching it, interesting to say the least. Too bad the others could not have included such folks as T.Boone Pickens.
SDM, T. Boone is one of those nasty oilmen you are always referring to, he and his Companies, Corporations make a much greater rate of return on his/their money than Exxon, and he is one of the biggest oil and gas futures speculators in the country, in fact he runs one of the largest hedge funds in the US. Boone is smart, I have met him twice and listen to him speak on Industry matters both times. He is one of those people when you meet him there is a feeling that you have just met a unique and very intelligent individual. I like Boone's ideas but the truth of the matter is Boone is a very big Natural Gas producer and Boone is looking forward to big returns from his energy proposals, which is fine with me if it reduces our dependence on foreign oil.

pam

QuoteBoone is a very big Natural Gas producer and Boone is looking forward to big returns from his energy proposals, which is fine with me if it reduces our dependence on foreign oil.

Not one thing will get done about energy unless there is big money in it for somebody. Only way around that is to build your own private wind generator and go to ridin horses again.If it decreases our dependence on oil foreign OR domestic , sounds like a plan.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk