What Do You Let Your Small Children Watch?

Started by Wilma, September 07, 2008, 08:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I was flipping channels during lulls in the football games today and it made me wonder, WHAT do you let your small children watch?  I didn't find anything fit for adults to watch besides the games. ??? ??? ???

Mom70x7

I don't have any kids at home now, but when they were here, we didn't watch much regular television, except for some PBS shows. I love Fairy Tale Theater, with the major stars acting out fairy tales.

I probably have one of the largest collection of Disney and Disney-style movies in town. Along with lots of kids movies. And musicals. I have LOTS of musicals.

Teresa

I have a satellite.. so there is quite a bit for Ashley to watch. The Kids Discovery Channel ( 3 of them) .. Nickelodeon.. Cartoon Channels galore... Kids Learning Channel (2 of them) 
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

well i don't have any kids at home anymore, but as a father of 6, i had plenty for kids to do :D LOL
I don't have a TV.  I have a radio but it only gets two stations one is kote i think and other one is klov or something like that
The only thing else i have is internet for entertainment :0
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Do you mean you can't watch football and you are happy about it? :o :o :o

Lookatmeknow!!

Well, I let my kids watch Disney and Nick.  They also love outdoor channel, RFD-TV, Discovery channel.  A new thing that I have gotten in to watching is HGTV.  I love to watch them remodel houses and things, and you know what the kids really like to watch it with me.  But for the most part the TV is on for sound.  My youngest two don't really watch TV much.  Oh, they also like TV land!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

pepelect

We read about brutality, S&M, killing, beheadings, and Dora.       

........I lied Dora's not in the bible.

D Whetstone

Not much. We try very hard to limit their total TV time to 30-60 minutes per day.  That is relaxed for special things (Olympics, other sporting events).

Our kids do love to watch the Food Channel, A&E, History Channel.  I know our little girl still likes Dora, the Backyardigans, other kids shows.

Try the Food Channel.  Great teaching of science. Best show is Good Eats.

David

DanCookson

Funny you mention that Dave!!

I was just thinking of what Ashley's favorite show would be and then I read your post and boom.

Rachael Ray.  The kid is nuts over her and about any other cooking show.  It is amazing.  She is such a picky eater, but always wants me to try and cook whatever Rachael is cooking!!!

pepelect

Dan hush up with that you do the cooking stuff....If jrp hears of this I am doomed.  Be quiet.  or there will be a surcharge....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk