Bugs's Bunny

Started by W. Gray, September 07, 2008, 11:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I think the term looney or luny for mentally disturbed people came about for the influence of the moon thought to bring about strange behavior. And I guess it does influence behavior if you ask ERs and Police. How about it Janet, true?
Edie

dnalexander

SDM I too  think the word lunacy does refer to the moon (Luna) and the effects man has attributed to it since time began.

David

Wilma

Janet might not be on here for awhile since she went back to work this evening but I can tell you that she believes that the moon influences human behavior.  She used to say that there was always more trouble when the moon was full.

I worked with a Special Education class for 2 years.  I can't remember what stage they called it, but they were children that were thought to be unable to learn.  They were always more restless during full moons.  And don't you feel it yourself when the moon is full?  Don't you want to go out and let off steam (bay at the moon)?

sixdogsmom

They used to have a program on the learning channel about emergency rooms. Several episodes were about what happens in a full moon, and some were really wild! I think our bodies are more attuned to the earth and her influences than we think!
Edie

Joanna

Quote from: dnalexander on September 07, 2008, 01:57:57 PM
Actually I should have written "Kiwl da wabbit, Kill da wabbit. Hey I don't think it hurt us?

David

Yeah, most of us are okay.  At least we don't blame our bad behavior on TV shows.  There was plenty of bad behavior on cartoons, but you probably had one of those old fashioned sets of parents (like mine) that made sure we knew the difference between real and pretend.

Our kids loved Loony Tunes and still do.  Our 24 year old was so proud of the old cartoons he'd found that he showed us his latest 'find' at the last visit (of course, he's got a baby on the way too!)  Bugs' 1001 Rabbit Tales was one of the shows the boys watched over and over.  There were others they loved as well, but they always liked Warner Brothers better than Disney, probably because we didn't even have a Disney Channel to watch at the time. 

I watched cartoons avidly as a kid, but hey! back then they were only on Saturday mornings, so there was no chance of getting overdosed!  I loved the Saturday morning cartoons. I think that may be where I developed my sarcastic sense of humor  :o  (or not, it does seem to run in my family!) Cartoons on Saturday morning and the Dinsey movie on Sunday at 6.  The rest of the week we had plenty to do to keep us too busy to worry about what's on TV.  As I got to be a teen, I watched TV constantly.  Now I don't watch it much at all. 

dnalexander

you probably had one of those old fashioned sets of parents (like mine) that made sure we knew the difference between real and pretend.[/quote]

One parent from Wichita and one from Howard.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk